Video: Charli XCX on writing for Britney, being called random by Britney

14 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Artists are always aware of what their teams are doing. That's the point.

She shouldn't be pushed to work if she doesn't want to work. 

I don't even know Britney if is aware of her team. We should ask Cade and Michael Kane.

What are you talking about managers are responsible of development and artists opportunities… artists don’t know everything that is offered to them until management talks about these opportunities. I worked for a label (major in Canada) for 6 months.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Richie said:

I hate that people took it like she was calling charli random, the rumors included the name of Julia Michaels too who britney knows very well. I think she said it in a way to call out the media for just name dropping people, and she prob didn't feel like writing "the media says i'm working with Julia Michaels and Charli XCX and it's false" because it sounds worse. idk of course the word "random" sounds bad but I think she's always been respectful of everyone, and she clearly knows who charli and julia are.

Exactly. That’s exactly the context of what she said/wrote. It wasn’t a slight on and famous person named in that original article. People took her words out of context yet again as always 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

the truth is as long as Britney doesn't end her contract with the record label, they have all the rights to keep finding music to present to her in hopes she records it. But whoever is leaking this info should be fired.

There's gotta be a limit, whether is a time limit or idk what else, where either Britney asks to end it, or they drop her, but I guess either option will come with a price to pay. Third and least probable option: that she finally releases something.

What most likely will happen if she doesn’t release a new album is RCA will release some sort of compilation…fingers crossed it’s one of unreleased tracks and close out her contract. I don’t think they will drop her and I don’t really see Britney buying them out either. 

11 hours ago, amiro1989 said:

I don’t know why people think Cade is evil. Britney doesn’t want to work on music so Cade is trying to entice her to make music again by showing her great demos. I don’t think it’s evil in any way. To be fair, I think she’ll actually probably enjoy working on new music. What is she doing otherwise that is so much better than making music? 

I understand her not wanting to make new music right now, because of everything she endured around it. However, I do think it’s misplaced anger. She can record demos without releasing albums too. Heck, Rihanna has been doing this for 8 years. This could even spark again her love for making music. She has a label who is willing to put the money on it, so what’s the hold up girl?

I totally agree with this! There’s nothing wrong with her management trying to get her interested in music again, forcing her to do it would be a problem and clearly they aren’t because she’s not working on anything! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

What most likely will happen if she doesn’t release a new album is RCA will release some sort of compilation…fingers crossed it’s one of unreleased tracks and close out her contract. I don’t think they will drop her and I don’t really see Britney buying them out either. 

but I don't think compilations count as part of the record deal, it may be, but I doubt it because back in 2012 when they said B8 was gonna be the last album of her previous contract, we got three compilations before Britney Jean and they didn't seem to count as part of the deal.

21 hours ago, davidspears said:

It strikes me as odd that she still has a team considering she is retired.

Bc she is not. She have a contract. She have some duty

20 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

I hate she felt like she was called a rando by B! 😭 she loves Britney and is a Stan so that sucks. Mother was pissed that day… 

Its not a feeling. Britney call her a random person.

10 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

It's like Britney the person and Britney the brand are completely different things. Like the real Britney is dead and they need to push everything without her.

People, she have a CONTRACT. 

10 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

And the artists didn't know their team were planning an album without their knowledge?

Because that was implied by Britney

She doesn't want to work anymore,  she explained many times already... it doesn't make sense her team asking for songwriters to write songs for her. 

Making an album without the artist is unusual.

Well i dont belive that. Brit is not very honest most of the time.

7 hours ago, amiro1989 said:

What are you talking about managers are responsible of development and artists opportunities… artists don’t know everything that is offered to them until management talks about these opportunities. I worked for a label (major in Canada) for 6 months.

Ok sis, I don't know why are you ignoring Britney wishes to not work and her posts letting clear she doesn't want others working for her... but go ahead I guess...

They hid the fact they were working on something. She didn't know. She was angry and rightfully so...  

Britney management didn't talk about the opportunity with her. Got it?

If the label you worked do things like that with their clients I feel bad for the artists working there. 

45 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

Bc she is not. She have a contract. She have some duty

People, she have a CONTRACT. 

Well i dont belive that. Brit is not very honest most of the time.

Ok, but she still not working. She lies a lot, but her not working is constant and she never changed her mind about the subject.

Rolling Stone confirmed her team tried to pressure her to go back to the studio hiring people from Glory album and some other people like Charli. 

They really are desperate for a new album, Britney doesn't want to do it.

7 hours ago, oscar0 said:

Yes, excuse me that is correct. she did in fact call her a random. What I was trying to say was I hated that Charli felt a type of way in being called one. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Ok sis, I don't know why are you ignoring Britney wishes to not work and her posts letting clear she doesn't want others working for her... but go ahead I guess...

They hid the fact they were working on something. She didn't know. She was angry and rightfully so...  

If the label you worked do things like that with their clients I feel bad for the artists working there. 

Omg they’re so evil, they want her to make music which is what she is known for!!! Artists always get demos from producers, regardless if they want it or not. This is how it works. Sometimes they are forced to record it and release it (eg.: Normani), and sometimes they are given the freedom to choose. At this point in her career, Britney is likely the latter. 

If Britney wants out of all of this, she needs to cancel her contract and fire her team. The end. No more opportunities will be brought to her attention. Other than that, she’s just complaining to complain.

Being signed to a label and having a manager and a business manager, when you don’t want to work is just counterproductive and pretty stupid. 

Mind you, these managers are the one who brought to her attention the book most likely, and the fact that producers are fighting to buy the rights to the book now. I’m not saying all iniatives come from the manager, but most do. Britney only expresses what she wants to do in a sea of opportunities she is offered, and she expresses the direction she wants to go to so that the manager can find opportunities that match with her ambition. Not taking an opportunity to ask Britney Spears to return to recording would be extremely stupid. Any manager would attempt what Cade is doing. 

Edited by amiro1989
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

But angry at what?
As long as she's a contract artist, label will always gather material for her.
Tons of thousands of songs has been written with Britney in mind and probably less than a 1% had been ever present to her.

The record company was probably making possible scratch for some miraculous day that Britney might want to record something.
If the company really want to force Brit to fulfil her contract, they would probably press charges.

I would we weired out and snappy too if I learnt my team was planning for me to record an album and asking people to write music when I’ve made it very clear I didn’t want to do such a thing.

I get how that gives her the “we don’t care what you say you will end up doing what we want anyway” vibes. Which would probably be a very eerie feeling for her to relive. 

9 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I would we weired out and snappy too if I learnt my team was planning for me to record an album and asking people to write music when I’ve made it very clear I didn’t want to do such a thing.

I get how that gives her the “we don’t care what you say you will end up doing what we want anyway” vibes. Which would probably be a very eerie feeling for her to relive. 

Oh yes,  which is the same feeling that all workers have if they have an employment contract and do not work. You forget that she is just another worker of your label, and that she has been on a kind of “strike” for years. They don't force her to work or sue her because it's bad publicity for your label, but not because they can't.

5 hours ago, oscar0 said:

Oh yes,  which is the same feeling that all workers have if they have an employment contract and do not work. You forget that she is just another worker of your label, and that she has been on a kind of “strike” for years. They don't force her to work or sue her because it's bad publicity for your label, but not because they can't.

She is an artist and I have not read the terms of her contract with the record label, and my guess is neither have you. Also some would argue the validity of such contract, since it was supposedly not signed by her but by her conservator under what some are describing to be a fraudulent conservatorship. So no need for the label to be treating her as just another “worker” as you call her.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block