Video: Charli XCX on writing for Britney, being called random by Britney

Posted (edited)

I don’t know why people think Cade is evil. Britney doesn’t want to work on music so Cade is trying to entice her to make music again by showing her great demos. I don’t think it’s evil in any way. To be fair, I think she’ll actually probably enjoy working on new music. What is she doing otherwise that is so much better than making music? 

I understand her not wanting to make new music right now, because of everything she endured around it. However, I do think it’s misplaced anger. She can record demos without releasing albums too. Heck, Rihanna has been doing this for 8 years. This could even spark again her love for making music. She has a label who is willing to put the money on it, so what’s the hold up girl?

Edited by amiro1989
  • Love 4
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

The fact her team was there with Charli... The project was very serious, not only some random songs to show to Britney one day.

Thankfully Britney destroyed the plans earlier this year...

AIney, Myah and something else... 

Yeah, except everyone was "in" the project, but her. Kinda sucks to get to know what your new songs are gonna be from the press...

Edited by dandy
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

I hate she felt like she was called a rando by B! 😭 she loves Britney and is a Stan so that sucks. Mother was pissed that day… 

Imagine Britney calling us randoms who fight for her online, I’d literally love THAT! :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Edited by Style.
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Richie said:

I hate that people took it like she was calling charli random, the rumors included the name of Julia Michaels too who britney knows very well. I think she said it in a way to call out the media for just name dropping people, and she prob didn't feel like writing "the media says i'm working with Julia Michaels and Charli XCX and it's false" because it sounds worse. idk of course the word "random" sounds bad but I think she's always been respectful of everyone, and she clearly knows who charli and julia are.

EXACTLY!

4 hours ago, dandy said:

Yeah, except everyone was "in" the project, but her. Kinda sucks to get to know what your new songs are gonna be from the press...

It's like Britney the person and Britney the brand are completely different things. Like the real Britney is dead and they need to push everything without her.

27 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

It's like Britney the person and Britney the brand are completely different things. Like the real Britney is dead and they need to push everything without her.

It’s definitely not uncommon. Some artists only cut the track once it has been fully produced and greenlit by a&R. This is not unusual.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

It’s definitely not uncommon. Some artists only cut the track once it has been fully produced and greenlit by a&R. This is not unusual.

And the artists didn't know their team were planning an album without their knowledge?

Because that was implied by Britney

She doesn't want to work anymore,  she explained many times already... it doesn't make sense her team asking for songwriters to write songs for her. 

Making an album without the artist is unusual.

Edited by Dark Willow
3 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

And the artists didn't know their team were planning an album without their knowledge?

Because that was implied by Britney

She doesn't want to work anymore,  she explained many times already... it doesn't make sense her team asking for songwriters to write songs for her. 

Making an album without the artist is unusual.

What’s the difference of approaching producers to ask them to write for an artist while the artist is touring and doing this while she wasn’t aware? A label’s job is to produce an album and records. Ask Britney why she’s still signed… it’s like saying why do I have a business manager if I don’t want to work? Oh wait, that’s exactly what Britney is doing. 🫠

9 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

What’s the difference of approaching producers to ask them to write for an artist while the artist is touring and doing this while she wasn’t aware? A label’s job is to produce an album and records. Ask Britney why she’s still signed… it’s like saying why do I have a business manager if I don’t want to work? Oh wait, that’s exactly what Britney is doing. 🫠

Artists are always aware of what their teams are doing. That's the point.

She shouldn't be pushed to work if she doesn't want to work. 

I don't even know Britney if is aware of her team. We should ask Cade and Michael Kane.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block