BREAKING: Britney and Jamie Spears reach a settlement in conservatorship case

2 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

I think many users here need to understand the difference between probate and criminal court.

Agreed. This was always about settling the financial aspects of the conservatorship. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see criminal charges, but these particualr legal proceeding were never about that. What I wanted to see from the process was Britney not having to pay for Lou Taylor's "media matters" from the 12th accounting amongst other unfair charges to her estate. Perhaps most importantly I did not want her to have to pay a penny of Jamie Spears legal fees. Another good result would have been the discovery process leading to the evidence of financial irregularities coming to light which could lead to criminal charges (unlikely now due to statute of limitation issues). Jamie Spears and Lou Taylor going to jail was (unfortunately) never going to be a result of these legal proceedings. Britney Spears having to pay even more money to the people who abused her could have been (and may still be depending on the settlement) be the result of these procedings which is why it was worth following them. 

I am not hopeful about the settlement, but the devil is in the detail. I am hoping the Ebani declaration and other evidence was such that team con had to fold and it is mainly in Britney's favour. However, I am not holding my breath.         

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

I disagree, if Britney can sit face to face with Sam Lutfi, get on the phone and deliver her testimony while still being in the C ship which is scarier and continue to live in a home filled with toxic bad memories, she could sit for this.

I think Rosengart dropped the ball several times and unless Britney settles this is going to just keep going on and on. She gave up and so did Rosengart.

She was full of angry,

Britney is tired she have no brain to endure this anymore, 2018-2024 is really A LOT

6 minutes ago, Grace Kelly said:

Agreed. This was always about settling the financial aspects of the conservatorship. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see criminal charges, but these particualr legal proceeding were never about that. What I wanted to see from the process was Britney not having to pay for Lou Taylor's "media matters" from the 12th accounting amongst other unfair charges to her estate. Perhaps most importantly I did not want her to have to pay a penny of Jamie Spears legal fees. Another good result would have been the discovery process leading to the evidence of financial irregularities coming to light which could lead to criminal charges (unlikely now due to statute of limitation issues). Jamie Spears and Lou Taylor going to jail was (unfortunately) never going to be a result of these legal proceedings. Britney Spears having to pay even more money to the people who abused her could have been (and may still be depending on the settlement) be the result of these procedings which is why it was worth following them. 

I am not hopeful about the settlement, but the devil is in the detail. I am hoping the Ebani declaration and other evidence was such that team con had to fold and it is mainly in Britney's favour. However, I am not holding my breath.         

Exactly this. I don't think this is all over though. Like you mentioned, I wonder what became of Ebadi's findings and the fact that Jamie more or less admitted to conducting illegal surveillance of Britney within her home when he was deposed. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

There's a reason she decided to stay in that same home where so much abuse and bad memories happened.

In addition she's more isolated now or just as much when she was in a C ship. Something seems of with the situation.

How would you know either of those things? You're a random stranger on the internet who doesn't know Britney :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
Just now, BlackoutITZ said:

How would you know either of those things? You're a random stranger on the internet who doesn't know Britney :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

I said there's a reason she decided to stay in the home, I didn't say I know the reason.

Isolation she's clearly home more than not or she'd be photographed and said she's scared of people.

Usually on the boats she's with Cade's male friends, she's clearly alone. 

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

• Like 3

Anyway...

2 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I was just going to say, why would anyone expect criminal charges? This isn't criminal court. This is a case for the FBI. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Hmm most of us know this. The thing is... will Rosenfraud want to expand the case as something criminal?

The excuses were always about "we have to wait the trial about the payment first", then the FBI should do something about what Rose found out (allegedly) with his investigation (with the help of FBI, allegedly).

Now I imagine this is about to happen, right? Just a matter of time until we start to see criminal charges, if our miracle lawyer actually starts to work Tick Tick Time GIF

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Anyway...

Hmm most of us know this. The thing is... will Rosenfraud want to expand the case as something criminal?

The excuses were always about "we have to wait the trial about the payment first", then the FBI should do something about what Rose found out (allegedly) with his investigation (with the help of FBI, allegedly).

Now I imagine this is about to happen, right? Just a matter of time until we start to see criminal charges, if our miracle lawyer actually starts to work Tick Tick Time GIF

Thats sadly how the judiciary system works. It's meant to drag on to exploit the vulnerable, generate business, and produce revenue for lawyers and the system. You really think justice is meant for the people? If that's the case, then why is it that a person that's likely to be marginalized be forced to spend their own hard earned money to convince and do the job our country is obligated to be doing anyway to maintain order and protect the innocent for which our taxe dollars have already provided for them to do. Then they implement statutes of limitations... As if they feel entitled to put an expiry date for illicit moral misconduct and giving grievances... Which in effect promotes and incentivizes people to commit criminal acts. Then as they implement more barriers to any solution... It's almost they are hoping enough time elapses that either you forget or give up… again, zero sensitivity or compensation for the emotional toil and distress a victim feels having to the relive their traumas without any resolution potentially for years to come.

They are all psychopaths. There is a reason there is a mental health crisis in the prison system because they know, if they address these mounting and pressing issues, they will be the first to be medicated and locked up in an asylum. That's all they do... Deflect deflect denie denie gas light avoid 

Let's all be sensible and demolish all of them :britney-fire-dance:

1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Thats sadly how the judiciary system works. It's meant to drag on to exploit the vulnerable, generate business, and produce revenue for lawyers and the system. You really think justice is meant for the people? If that's the case, then why is it that a person that's likely to be marginalized be forced to spend their own hard earned money to convince and do the job our country is obligated to be doing anyway to maintain order and protect the innocent for which our taxe dollars have already provided for them to do. Then they implement statutes of limitations... As if they feel entitled to put an expiry date for illicit moral misconduct and giving grievances... Which in effect promotes and incentivizes people to commit criminal acts. Then as they implement more barriers to any solution... It's almost they are hoping enough time elapses that either you forget or give up… again, zero sensitivity or compensation for the emotional toil and distress a victim feels having to the relive their traumas without any resolution potentially for years to come.

They are all psychopaths. There is a reason there is a mental health crisis in the prison system because they know, if they address these mounting and pressing issues, they will be the first to be medicated and locked up in an asylum. That's all they do... Deflect deflect denie denie gas light avoid 

Let's all be sensible and demolish all of them :britney-fire-dance:

All of this is valid. Lots of corruption,  but Britney case is way more fishy because certain people "on her side" actually worked against her... allegedly.

I was excited about the end of the month because it was too obvious they would go for a settlement, it just happened a little sooner than I thought.

Now we have no excuses as to why this case shouldn't go to criminal court. 

No more lies and excuses.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Naes614 said:

This was always going to settle unfortunately..When Britney was in the conservatorship things done to her fell within the “legal” category which is sad! In the eyes of the California court she had no human rights at all. I hope Britney can find a way to move on and maybe make some differences for future people with disabilities. ❤️

Yeah but your missing the point. She was ILLEGALLY placed into this conservatorship to allow these "legal" acts to happen to her. 

It was therefore unlawful. Every single thing.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I think Britney knew it was going this way for a while and that's where her anger has been coming from. 

All these unjust judges and parties should be absolutely ashamed may they continue their sad little Christian lives and rot in hell for their sins.

It does appear lately that she has started her healing process and some acceptance of the ordeal so if she gets a fat check (some of her money back) and is able to move on from all this court drama and leave all these bxsxaxdx behind then so be it.

I'm still torn between wanting the Justice4Britney campaign to go into full swing, and for her to be done with this and get on with her life.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I have 2 things to say:

1.- My heart aches for Britney but the writing's been on the wall for over a year now.

2.- Britney's lawyer is such an incompetent MF that should be ashamed of his very own sloppiness and stupidity.. he is a JOKE.  He was all for the cameras, publicity and the awards he won under the spotlight of #FreeBritney. But the moment Britney needed him the most thats when his stupid and negligent *** shined. **** him

It feels like he did nothing after Britney was freed from those chains.  Like what is she paying you for :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

I’m glad it’s over and done with. I don’t foresee any further legal drama. Unfortunately there is no case, and she will only be wasting more money. Everything that was done was within their legal limits. There are laws and medical documents to back most of it up. I hope she can move on and heal. 

5 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

I said there's a reason she decided to stay in the home, I didn't say I know the reason.

Isolation she's clearly home more than not or she'd be photographed and said she's scared of people.

Usually on the boats she's with Cade's male friends, she's clearly alone. 

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

Maybe you are confused, but you were replying to a post saying that Britney is not free and is still under some form of conservatorship, you followed that up by saying there's a reason she has stayed in that home. So if you aren't suggesting that's the reason, why would you quote that post with that? As though you, a random stranger, needs some reason as to why Britney choses to live in her home :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

And again, just reminding you that you are a random stranger as you clearly keep forgetting that... you have no way of knowing how much she is at home, nor is it any of your business. Saying she would be photographed if she went out is extremely dumb, it's 2024, paparazzi culture is not the same as it was in 2007/2008, most huge celebrities manage to go out all the time without being photographed. We just found out last week that she was hanging out with Heather McDonald back in December, none of us knew about that, it wasn't posted on Instagram at the time, and she wasn't spotted by paparazzi, so stop assuming you know anything about Britney's life based on the pictures you see on Instagram because you don't.

And again, you don't know Britney's relationships with Cade or the men she is spending time with on boats. It's so bizarre that you think you have some kind of inside knowledge about her life. Stan culture has really rotted some people's brain cells and distorted your perception of reality.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mayenaise said:

Yeah but your missing the point. She was ILLEGALLY placed into this conservatorship to allow these "legal" acts to happen to her. 

It was therefore unlawful. Every single thing.

I think there’s some confusion with this one. I think dementia was checked off on the form to protect her medical privacy. We know she wasn’t being treated for dementia. Those documents were public record, and i think it was done for her protection. People to this day are still trying to diagnosis her. 

1 minute ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I think there’s some confusion with this one. I think dementia was checked off on the form to protect her medical privacy. We know she wasn’t being treated for dementia. Those documents were public record, and i think it was done for her protection. People to this day are still trying to diagnosis her. 

You don't get to lie on legal documents to protect someone's privacy, that's not how it works :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

16 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

You don't get to lie on legal documents to protect someone's privacy, that's not how it works :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

She was placed in a temporary conservatorship for orders related to dementia. Meaning her symptoms were those of someone who couldn’t make rational decisions, and was subject to undue influence, similar to those with dementia. Some doctor somewhere could very well thought her questionable behavior was early signs of dementia. Regardless, that was probably the safest of the options to select to protect her medical privacy. The conservatorship was made permanent at some point, so a concrete diagnosis was most definitely in place. We aren’t privy to that info, nor should we be. There’s a reason her lawyer has never harped on the initial dementia filing. 

Edited by Kaitlyn Johnson

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block