Do you remember the original, banned Do Somethin' video?

Just now, Gypsy Woman said:

I remember it but didn't think anything of it. Didn't really change anything about the video enough that most people probably don't even know it was an issue.

Yeah, and it was kind of weird that it took the label like 15 years to edit the video? Literally just 4 seconds of the print on screen. This definitely hurt the music videos popularity. Could've been another toxic :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass::byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Haha 6
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

I still don't understand Louis Vuitton in this matter. She gave 'em FREE advertisement and they took her to court? Like what? They would need to pay THOUSANDS of dollars to any celeb to promote their stuff and she did it FOR FREE.

at the time no one wanted anything to do with Britney and going after her sadly made more headlines... They're trash.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Just wanted to take a trip down to a memory lane, and had to find the original version of Do Somethin', with the unlicenced Louis Vuitton print. Just made this small comparison for ya'll. Louis Vuitton sued Jive/Zomba for this, and the video got banned, at least in Europe? :typing_keyboard_computer:

In the original version the print appears on the chairs and on the door, but on the edited version the chairs are edited (and very blurrily so) and the view of the door has been cut out completely.

orig.gifedited.gif

Does anybody remember seeing this version on television anywhere? Because for sure the last time I saw it was around around 2005 or so. :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

The LV version, is what they showed on Canadian tv. 

also, why is the official video not on her yt page ?

14 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

I still don't understand Louis Vuitton in this matter. She gave 'em FREE advertisement and they took her to court? Like what? They would need to pay THOUSANDS of dollars to any celeb to promote their stuff and she did it FOR FREE.

The thing is, if a stri**er was so famous. Let's say an only fans person, wearing LV, they would see it as cheapening their brand. And how Britney was presented in that video probably turned them off . If it was for the Lucky videos maybe they wouldn't have minded as much. These companies are so huge because of branding. think Taylor Swift. You don't have to be good. You just have to brand well

15 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

She's always been considered trashy by the fashion industry due to her questionable street styles (lol) and probably because of her guaranteed spot on all trashy tabloids' front pages. Kudos to her label's prs who pulled it out of the bad and got her that one Vogue cover in 01 when her image was still clean and manufactured to perfection, but that was it.

I remember during or after the events of 2007, Anna Wintour said something like "Britney Spears isn't really a Vogue girl". And more recently, when she did Carpool Karaoke with James Corden (btw I've heard from multiple friendly sources in the luxury hospitality industry that he is THEE WORST HUMAN BEING), if I'm not wrong they were talking about the most awkward guest he's had on the show or something, and he clearly alluded to Britney saying "she's someone who would never be invited to your parties". The man is a complete *******, and Ms Wintour must be one too because it's no secret she adores him.

Maybe today it'd be a bit different, but in the noughties the fashion industry was way snobbier, more toxic and exclusivist, so it's easy to see why Vuitton didn't want to be associated to the main pop star bimbo of the time. Actually now it's getting snobby again as they cut down influencers to fashion shows in favour of editors at recent fashion weeks (which might not be a bad thing)...

Edited by Crazy4BRITNEY3.2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block