What are Britney's most underrated singles?

It depends really from where you are and how you look on it. 

For example „Criminal“ was not charting well but is now one of her all-time most streamed songs. So it can be considered a success. 

On the other hand - 3 and HIAM where #1 not only in the US but don‘t count as signature or streaming hits now. 

In general her early singles are pretty well remembered by the GP but especially the Singles from „Britney“ underperformed chartwise. 

And for being so massive in streaming and well-known worldwide Oops, Toxic and Gimme more underperformed as well back when they were released but went on to become unforgettable cult songs with time. 

You never know what becomes a classic

Edited by MoodRing3
3 hours ago, MoodRing3 said:

It depends really from where you are and how you look on it. 

For example „Criminal“ was not charting well but is now one of her all-time most streamed songs. So it can be considered a success.

Nnn I forgot Criminal is the most streamed song on the album :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: chartwise though it flopped especially compared to how successful the first three singles were in the US. 

8 hours ago, Daredevil said:

perfume? my ears bleed from this song

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

her vocals are top notch on this song. Her powerful lower register gets showcased really good on it which we hadn’t heard in years at that point. Vocally it’s one of her best songs, which makes it severely underrated.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

her vocals are top notch on this song. Her powerful lower register gets showcased really good on it which we hadn’t heard in years at that point. Vocally it’s one of her best songs, which makes it severely underrated.

lyrics killed it and the refrain is just beyonddd

but everyone's to their own taste

On 4/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, Daredevil said:

SLAVE 4 U was and is the most underrated Britney song till date. 

Slumber Party also, should have been a hit

Lucky should be one of the classics yet it isn't really

None of these are underrated except for SP. Everyone knows Slave and Lucky.

• Like 2

I have to echo others here a bit and say BTMYH

Yeah, the song charted well, and sold relatively well for the time, but for my opinion, it's heavily underrated by both the fanbase, and the GP. I mean, the song is a total timeless bop, it has a killer video, with choreography and some of her best looks in her debut era. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Some of her other singles are rather forgotten, but most of them deserves to be relics from the past, while BTMYH deserves to be up there with ha 3 other previous debut singles, in terms of iconiqueness. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

2 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

I have to echo others here a bit and say BTMYH

Yeah, the song charted well, and sold relatively well for the time, but for my opinion, it's heavily underrated by both the fanbase, and the GP. I mean, the song is a total timeless bop, it has a killer video, with choreography and some of her best looks in her debut era. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Some of her other singles are rather forgotten, but most of them deserves to be relics from the past, while BTMYH deserves to be up there with ha 3 other previous debut singles, in terms of iconiqueness. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

The melody of Born to make you happy is undeniable adorable. the charismatic girl of the singles.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block