What are Britney's most underrated singles?

• Super Mods

Hey you guys,

I just had a thought while listening to Britney's music and there are SO many great singles she released yet are so underrated especially compared to BOMT, Oops and Toxic.

Here are some of her most underrated singles in my opinion:

1. Born To Make You Happy (Even though yes it was a European single but it deserved to be released in the US and everywhere else)

2. Sometimes (Its so unfairly hated on for being cheesy but its cheesy in a good 90s way)

3. Stronger (One of the greatest singles of not only her prime but her career, it deserves to be as famous as her most famous singles)

4. Overprotected (That song is amazing and pop perfection yet was not a hit)

5. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman (Beautiful ballad that should've charted on the hot 100)

6.  Criminal (Its a beautiful song yet she never performed it live despite it being a single)

7. Hold It Against Me (Despite it being her last 1# hit, she never performed it after the FF era)

Now tell me which singles are her most underrated that you enjoy.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Totally agree about BTMYH. One of her best songs ever. 

I thought Overprotected did well in Europe? I do think the Darkchild remix sucked though… the original is pure pop perfection. 

I don’t really like that Perfume, Someday and Make Me flopped - I only like Someday, but since she has always been insecure about her voice it sucks that songs with her more natural voice flop. 

• Love 2

Born to Make You Happy (best track behind Baby)

Dont Let Me Be The Last To Know (Britney loves this song and it’s ligit her best ballad)

Anticipating (it deserved better)

Overprotected (kinda feel that it’s forgotten amongst S4U and Not a Girl)

Perfume (deserved better, and had an early death because of the video)

Make Me.. (truly underrated, unfairly panned because it’s a mid-tempo lead single, uncharacteristic for Britney) 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Totally agree about BTMYH. One of her best songs ever. 

I thought Overprotected did well in Europe? I do think the Darkchild remix sucked though… the original is pure pop perfection. 

I don’t really like that Perfume, Someday and Make Me flopped - I only like Someday, but since she has always been insecure about her voice it sucks that songs with her more natural voice flop. 

Yeah Overprotected did well in Europe,

I guess I was referring to the US since that's where I'm from.

I agree with you that the remix sucks and original is better.

Honestly I wish someone can edit the remix video and put the original version of the song on it,

that would be great.

Make Me was a top 20 hit though.

I wish it could've been in the top 10.

as a german i can say that btmyh (UK;IRL 1; GER: 3 (while sometimes was 6 and crazy 4); SWE 3; Swiss 2), inagnyaw (GER:10; UK2; ) dont feel underrated at all. they are amoungst her most successful and known signature songs.

hiam (GER:23; FR31;) on the other hand. everybody was wondering how that got to no.1 in the us

(the few people that know it at all - but was at a time when youtube in germany had blocked all music - thats why Justin bieber never got really big here)

• Love 1

I actually think the answer to this question depends on the GP or the fanbase. There's some singles that I think are underrated by the GP as they weren't as successful as others, but I'd say are fan favourites (Break the Ice and Slumber Party are good examples).

I do agree Born To Make You Happy is underrated though and I'd also say forgotten by the GP despite being a big hit in Europe! It's my favourite song from Baby One More Time and deserves more recognition, I've been listening to it a lot lately as well! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block