"Being an innovator often means being criticized" says Beyoncé accepting the Innovator award at the 2024 iHeartRadio Music Awards

4 minutes ago, Kevney said:

where's the innovation? I'm not seeing it? or hearing it? her album is full of covers and samples of better songs.

this era is gonna be insufferable i can already tell. 

Lemonade and her visual album thing was definitely an innovation, if not then very influential to other artists.

22 hours ago, AII said:

there is just something about her i cannot stand. and i cannot exactly put my finger on it
but i think it has something to do with her own self entitlement. its like she thinks she is the best of them all. dont get me wrong, she is ok (at the very minimum) but just the way she carries herself is just a turn off. makes me not like her. 

its the same as when Mariah pushed AND PUSHED (us to the edge) when she kept harping on about how shes a songwriter. Ok we get it.. enough.

its like tthey dont want to come across as just these "pop" artists. they have to be more than that. WHO CARES. the masses generally dont care if youre a song writer or an innovator. They just want good music they can enjoy. 

Anyway, Xila says hi.

:jamie_lynn_grape:

Additionally what exactly has she innovated with this record? Ok maybe a genre change but it's still not "country". And let's assume it is for arguments sake, what has she innovated? They just sound like songs to me. What's different? Am I missing something here ? Or is she just putting out that statement so people talk ? Is it a marketing thing ??  I don't see her doing anything different to what any other artist does when they put out a new album. 

I appreciate she is talented although I’m not a fan of her music or performance style etc 

My main thing is I always feel there is something disingenuous and insincere about her as a person and as an artist.

she kind of gets a get out of jail free card alot in the industry where others wouldn’t be afforded the same. 

Anyone not giving Beyoncé the credit she deserves, are salty little squares of sad on here. Beyoncé owes you nothing. She is an innovator and well respected, as per Stevie Wonder and the industry. To have Dolly Parton want her to cover her song and to follow up and do such a good edition, it’s sad when people whose opinions are solely on demeaning her artistry. I get it we all have our opinions but my goodness, give credit where it’s due. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block