Beyoncé presents act II: COWBOY CARTER

I listen to it in full and as expected I was struggling, country is not really my cup of tea.

"Bodyguard" and "American Requiem" are the only songs which resonated with me on first listen

The whole album is just too much and dragging for too long for me personally.

• Like 2

it's an ok album. it's not nearly as good as or as cohesive as Renaissance.

I really don't think it's very country. I was thinking more songs would be like Texas Hold Em.

Jolene does not have the impact even the original does. too much was changed.

id give it a 6/10 

It could grow on me I suppose. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, anti aging said:

are there no videos 

2025-2026, after act iii. The album trilogy’s name/title of the film will then be revealed. One more album then we can ask about  videos again. She meant it when she said we’re gonna digest this music before we get visuals. It’s an ambitious move but I think it’s gonna  be worth it. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Kevney said:

I really don't think it's very country. I was thinking more songs would be like Texas Hold Em.

She doesn’t either… she said it’s “a Beyoncé album”. I immediately knew she was gonna be genre-hopping. This is more a tribute to the origins of Country and Blues music of the south than diving directly into the genre(s). 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Style. said:

DAUGHTER might be Beyoncé’s best song, and definitely song of the year in my books. You can’t hate on it, it’s a masterpiece — country meets opera meets Vatican. Oh my God! DAUGHTER MOTHERED OFF! Grammy Awards Applause GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

I haven't finished listening to the whole album but daughter is THEE one that got me, the vocals, so beautiful 🌹

• Love 1

I was half way through it and already loving it! Some tracks need to grow on me but once again, she has made a piece of art.

It is indeed a ‘Beyoncé’ album. Not country, just alot of influences with great collaborations. And 27 tracks, wow.

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Love 2

People being negative on it are people that do not get the references, know the history or understand what she’s doing.  No it’s not got huge radio singles.  This is a statement album making an important point & really a huge history lesson for anyone actually exploring the work. 

the harmonies & & vocal performance alone are insane. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stronger1992 said:

When you run out of ideas I guess you make a country album 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually, it's not like that at all. She always felt like country music wasn't for her or that she wasn't welcome in that genre. But Bey started to experiment with it and took a deep dive into that and so Cowboy Carter came alive. She also came from houston, texas, which you know, has a country music history.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Fita said:

Actually, it's not like that at all. She always felt like country music wasn't for her or that she wasn't welcome in that genre. But Bey started to experiment with it and took a deep dive into that and so Cowboy Carter came alive. She also came from houston, texas, which you know, has a country music history.

Just because she likes it doesn’t mean it fits her. It’s a very odd album. But the Beyhive will eat anything she does 

Edited by stronger1992

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block