Beyoncé presents act II: COWBOY CARTER

9 hours ago, nux1989 said:

To think that she had release 4 consecutive "passion-project" albums with both great ambition and executive is amazing.
It's rich priviledge at its best. Kudos to her for throwing her weight around (in a good way).

Beyoncé is one of the rare artists that is able to work without label interference. Thats why her music is so good and unique 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Beyoncé is one of the rare artists that is able to work without label interference. Thats why her music is so good and unique 

I had a record deal years ago and had to record the most awful stuff that was so far from what I wanted to create, what I shat out should be illegal 😭 Im jealous :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Haha 1

I like Texas, Jolene, Daughter (when she sings in italian OMGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!), Spaghetti, Levis and Tyrant!

It's not really my style but NOBODY can deny that her voice is amazing and divine and the music arrangements for some part are just from another world!!!

I miss r'n'b/pop Beyoncé tho! Hope that Act.III is gonna be more agressive! I need club bangers!!!

Edited by Johanpapz
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Johanpapz said:

I like Texas, Jolene, Daughter, Spaghetti (when she sings in italian OMGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!), Levis and Tyrant!

It's not really my style but NOBODY can't deny that her voice is amazing and divine and the music arrangements for some part are just from another world!!!

I miss r'n'b/pop Beyoncé tho! Hope that Act.III is gonna be more agressive! I need club bangers!!!

Yeah, I miss the old pop sound she used to make like Sweet Dreams.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, stronger1992 said:

Just because she likes it doesn’t mean it fits her. It’s a very odd album. But the Beyhive will eat anything she does 

Very odd indeed.. I'm finding very hard to listen to it through and god I hate interludes on albums :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Bodyguard is the only standout track.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, FrenchToast said:

As much as I loved Renaissance (I even went to the show), I really don't click to Cowboy Carter... Maybe it's because I am not Amercian, so I'm not as touched as Americans will prpbably be. So.....

Aretha Franklin Pass GIF

it's not even that country inspired so i dunno what "America" would see in this if thats what you mean?

the subjects she talks about are really dense too. the lyrics never go beyond surface level.

Edited by Kevney
On 3/29/2024 at 9:16 AM, officialmaurice said:

She doesn’t either… she said it’s “a Beyoncé album”. I immediately knew she was gonna be genre-hopping. This is more a tribute to the origins of Country and Blues music of the south than diving directly into the genre(s). 

no. she said she was gonna reclaim country. is she backpedaling now?

it's been the whole promotion of this album

Edited by Kevney
5 minutes ago, Kevney said:

no. she said she was gonna reclaim country. is she backpedaling now?

it's been the whole promotion of this album

What I know is that she said that it's not a country album. It's more like playing with it and kinda mixing it with other genres like soul, blues, trap and pop.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block