Beyoncé presents act II: COWBOY CARTER

On 3/31/2024 at 11:10 PM, Alvy said:

Well... first time listening to it.

This album is getting hard for me to digest. Too many slow songzzzzzz

Renaissance was so amazing from first to last track, and this ACT II: Cowboy Carter album is a snoozefest to me. I'm not sorry, I love you Beyoncé, but this album is a whole skip to me.

At least the vocals are on point.

Highlights:
Bodyguard ; Spaghettii; Desert Eagle; Riiverdance; II hands II heaven; Tyrant.

P.S: Maybe the album (or more songs) will grow on me overtime but for now is not doing it except the highlights I mentioned. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

UPDATE: The album has grown on me omg, I love it :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: 

I can't stop listening to Bodyguard, Jolene (with interlude and all) and Tyrant.

Edited by Alvy
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Fita said:

All I can say is that I didn't like that she changed the lyrics of Jolene, too.

I think a lot of people aren’t liking that it’s an interpolation rather than a cover for this reason. When Dolly said B was covering it, I think people just expected a direct copy and paste. General public tingz cuz we (listeners of Bey) knew she was gonna flip it. 

3 hours ago, officialmaurice said:

I think a lot of people aren’t liking that it’s an interpolation rather than a cover for this reason. When Dolly said B was covering it, I think people just expected a direct copy and paste. General public tingz cuz we (listeners of Bey) knew she was gonna flip it. 

I don't know. It's an okay song, an okay cover. But I expected to sing along with the lyrics of Jolene but then she came with different lyrics and it kinda messed with the flow. It would already have a touch of Beyoncé without changing it. And some other lines like Jolene, I'm queen are like, uh, not really good. But I'm not being a hater of this album, I actually listened to it a lot.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block