Beyoncé presents act II: COWBOY CARTER

why is every single guest/feature a token white person :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: her intentions of just wanting to win aoty are becoming more clear. i believed it was a true artistic choice at first.

Azealia banks kinda right about this album. 

I loooove this album. Ameriican Requiem, 16 Carriages, Texas Hold’Em, Daughter, Levii’s Jeans, Ya Ya, Riiverdance, and Tyrant are the highlights for me. That Jolene rewrite is awful tho. The new lyrics are awkward and sound weird with the melody. The bridge is what saves it.

LOVE the radio concept with Willie Nelson. Super super cool. 
9/10 album for me!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Kevney said:

no. she said she was gonna reclaim country. is she backpedaling now?

it's been the whole promotion of this album

I think that’s a fandom quote/iteration, not an actual quote. I’ll look again but she def said on her Instagram, when she revealed the cover “This ain’t a Country album. This is a ‘Beyoncé’ album.”

And the promotion of the album has been centered around revisiting the origins of Country music, not reclaiming it for herself. 

3 hours ago, Kevney said:

why is every single guest/feature a token white person :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: her intentions of just wanting to win aoty are becoming more clear. i believed it was a true artistic choice at first.

Willie Jones, Shaboozey, Rumi, Linda Martell, Brittney Spencer, Tiera Kennedy and Reyna Roberts are not at all White… unless I missed something lol

And what’s wrong with her wanting AOTY? And how does that diminish the artistic integrity of this project? She’s probably not gonna win AOTY until the trilogy is complete and the whole theme is clear but dang, the girl can’t dream?

the grammys are overrated and that shouldn't drive your projects. that's working backwards. and i believe this is more pandering than a genuine album. it appeals to the Academy's voting members. kind of like an Oscar bait movie.

she presented this album as a study of country music. she can make a comment and try and take it back i guess. but country music is what was advertised. 

Well... first time listening to it.

This album is getting hard for me to digest. Too many slow songzzzzzz

Renaissance was so amazing from first to last track, and this ACT II: Cowboy Carter album is a snoozefest to me. I'm not sorry, I love you Beyoncé, but this album is a whole skip to me.

At least the vocals are on point.

Highlights:
Bodyguard ; Spaghettii; Desert Eagle; Riiverdance; II hands II heaven; Tyrant.

P.S: Maybe the album (or more songs) will grow on me overtime but for now is not doing it except the highlights I mentioned. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Edited by Alvy
  • Love 1

Tracks that has grown on me:

• Ameriican Requiem (intriguing lyrics and kinda chill/melancholic)
  • Ya Ya (GREAT TO DANCE TO)
  • Just For Fun (because of the lyrics)
  • II Most Wanted (because of the lyrics and melody)
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Fita said:

Tracks that has grown on me:

• Ameriican Requiem (intriguing lyrics and kinda chill/melancholic)
  • Ya Ya (GREAT TO DANCE TO)
  • Just For Fun (because of the lyrics)
  • II Most Wanted (because of the lyrics and melody)

II Most Wanted is so good 😊

• Love 1
On 3/30/2024 at 2:15 AM, allthat88 said:

People being negative on it are people that do not get the references, know the history or understand what she’s doing.  No it’s not got huge radio singles.  This is a statement album making an important point & really a huge history lesson for anyone actually exploring the work. 

the harmonies & & vocal performance alone are insane. 

The references are very clear and easy to understand. The lyrical content just doesn’t match the vibe with the direction she is trying to take. 

i applaud her for being experimental, but it’s an overall average forgettable piece. The only thing that stands out is the current Texas single and bodyguard. The rest, I wouldn’t listen to this album if I’m on a long drive cause I’ll snooze.

• Love 1

I gave the album second listen and unfortunately I cannot get into it. It would probably work if it was 11-12 songs but the runtime of 79 minutes of mostly slow and mid-tempo songs in very similar vein is not interesting enough for me to keep the attention, also lot of songs takes inspiration or sample from songs which we already heard replicated many times so the original factor is missing.

I heard people love "Ya Ya" so I gave it another listen but it is basically song based on "These boots are made for walking" mixed with "Good Vibrations" by Beach boys without proper structure and sound more like an something which would be used in tour for interlude.

Unfortunately this album is not for me, maybe 2-3 songs but thats all

• Love 1
On 3/30/2024 at 8:03 PM, Kevney said:

Azealia banks is eating crow. 

She's getting dragged for saying it might surpass as B'Day as her favorite Beyonce album..

Like people said it didn't come out and people already was hating it before it came out in full. 

16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Azealia banks is eating crow. 

She's getting dragged for saying it might surpass as B'Day as her favorite Beyonce album..

Like people said it didn't come out and people already was hating it before it came out in full. 

i don't care. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block