This is why Britney didn't sing live most of the times

Hi! This is an atypical thread. So, I went to clean my bathroom and I put the instrumentals of Britney's songs on (thanks to @princessmimi recent thread, haha) in the background and my immediate reaction is to sing along as if I am the vocalist, not Britney, lol. And I had this perception: I started singing in a higher tone (my natural register is kinda low, baritone) and dancing at the same time. This is naturally hard for anyone! And my voice was breaking a lot, I couldn't sustain it. It made me think that the reason why (sorry if it's obvious to you, BYE) Britney didn't sing in most of her performances and tours is because it's REALLY hard to sing and to sustain the tone that's not natural for her. And in the performances which she sang real live she used her low register (like when sang BOMT). So the reason is because all of the songs, most of them are recorded in her not so comfortable tone to sing, and so when she went to sing them it was hard to sing in her not-so-natural tone AND to dance at the same time in the level she would always bring to the stage.

a995ca9884e0d9ba8edd98202620571e.jpg

Have you had this experience of singing the songs with the instrumentals on? 

Edited by Fita
  • Like 1

I think it was a mixture. I agree with all that you said about singing in an uncomfortable register. It’s not good or easy for anyone really, especially for a 2 hour show.   The choreo is hard enough on its own, even singing in her natural tone would have been difficult with her set lists.  It also didn’t help that she never really trained a lot (that fans know of), on top of smoking.  Britney clearly could and still can sing if she was in her natural tone.  

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Fita said:

This is naturally hard for anyone! And my voice was breaking a lot, I couldn't sustain it. It made me think that the reason why (sorry if it's obvious to you, BYE) 

Mariah Carey Diva GIF

Some singers can't sing while just standing e.g. Katy Perry is really bad live singer. But also as a vocalist u can train urself to sing (not the album tone but the one that ur voice can produce naturally )and also dance at the same time. But it is hard. I also think smoking affects singing abilities.

• Like 2

Anyone who even tried to attempt singing while jogging or even walking up the stairs would know it's difficult. Especially if you've recorded those vocals and listened to it.🤭 And would know how to tell if something is truely live ot just playback of prerecorded vocals.

Anyway I always loved the whole performance (the music, dancing, facial expressions etc) from Britney. I just liked it better when she did have some live vocals.

But i have to be honest and say it wass a tad cringe to see her lip ballads sitting down. But again there might have been technical or physical difficulities so I just leave it as is.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Fita said:

Hi! This is an atypical thread. So, I went to clean my bathroom and I put the instrumentals of Britney's songs on (thanks to @princessmimi recent thread, haha) in the background and my immediate reaction is to sing along as if I am the vocalist, not Britney, lol. And I had this perception: I started singing in a higher tone (my natural register is kinda low, baritone) and dancing at the same time. This is naturally hard for anyone! And my voice was breaking a lot, I couldn't sustain it. It made me think that the reason why (sorry if it's obvious to you, BYE) Britney didn't sing in most of her performances and tours is because it's REALLY hard to sing and to sustain the tone that's not natural for her. And in the performances which she sang real live she used her low register (like when sang BOMT). So the reason is because all of the songs, most of them are recorded in her not so comfortable tone to sing, and so when she went to sing them it was hard to sing in her not-so-natural tone AND to dance at the same time in the level she would always bring to the stage.

Have you had this experience of singing the songs with the instrumentals on? 

Well, that was true until 2004, but then what? Then there was the laziness (pre-2008,post-2019)

Edited by Wendy Williams
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I could agree it's tough to perform choreography and sing live at the same time, but what about when she's just sitting in a chair or sitting down or slowly walking, she's still lipping.

To catch her breath :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

this is just my guess but she most likely didnt sing live because she was dancing. not trying be sarcastic. but she also sang/dance during the mall tour videos. i noticed during blackout album listen her voice is deeper compared to the previous albums. i prefer her deeper voice she had in the early years. im not a performer but i bet its hard to sing/dance at the same time.

• Like 1

Personally I don't care at all if an artist lip syncs IF

1) they sang it with their own voice ( not like Milli Vanilli)

2) the performance is very entertaining with plenty of dancing 

3) there is some portion of the show live or pre-recorded just for the show, or a good audience chat.

Posted (edited)

@Pabaroti1986 Hey, sweetie, what you're laughing at? I'm not a professional singer but I do dance a lot and I'm a big fan of Britney, so I dance and sing to her songs. So what happens is that I noticed that it is INDEED very hard to do both dancing and singing at the same time, and then I realised that doing it singing in your less confortable tone is WAY more hard, that's it. I don't need to a be professional to have MY OWN perceptions and experiences about this and share it here. 

nene-leakes-bye.gif

Edited by Fita
2 minutes ago, Fita said:

@Pabaroti1986 Hey, sweetie, what you're laughing at? I'm not a professional singer but I do dance a lot and I'm a big fan of Britney, so I dance and sing to her songs. So what happens is that I noticed that it is INDEED very hard to do both dancing and singing at the same time, and then I realised that doing it singing in your less confortable tone is WAY more hard, that's it. I don't need to a be professional to have MY OWN perceptions and experiences about this and share it here. BYE.

You act like you know but you’ll never be in her shoes. Just because you can’t sing and dance at the same time, doesn’t mean it’s the same for Britney. Let’s remember, she’s a global superstar and you’re just here posting on Exhale 🤷‍♂️

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block