Throwback: America's sweetheart, Los Angeles icon and pop tycoon, Britney Spears, in Mexico (2002). What a time.

15 hours ago, britneyluv said:

The air in 2002 was that Britney was an untouchable megastar with more confidence, presence, and poise than any of her contemporaries, but because she didn't dress in a turtleneck while gracing us with Whitney level vocals, she was deemed a "bad influence". I remember despite her talent she always had this stigma perpetuated by the patriarchy that she was outrageous and how could she be corrupting the poor innocent children whose parents could not reach the remote in time to change the channel away from this harlot who was sent up by Satan to..... I don't really know, that's basically where the argument ended.

For me, as a closeted insecure 13 year old, I was so impressed by her. She didn't compel me to do anything that adults may view negatively; rather I was just in awe of her stage presence and music that rose above anybody else who tried to imitate her (I love them but Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, etc were all trying to duplicate the Britney vibe without success). 

I really wish she would come back in a way that she wants because I know she has the creativity and drive to make it happen, and I wish the people who only judge her by her Instagram knew what a formidable force she was at her prime.

The exact same happened to Madonna; she had a huge career and ultimately, became an ICON.

They are HYPOCRITES.

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block