2007: Britney Set To Perform 'Gimme More' and 'Cry'

What's 'Cry'? In a September 5, 2007, article, it was said that she would perform this song too at the VMAs

WWW.JUSTJARED.COM

Britney Spears hits up her fave tanning salon Epitome in Bel Air, where she stayed for almost an hour on Wednesday. Brit kept things interesting by wearing mismatching…

(Source above) Anyone heard of this song?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Omg I remember that Cry song! It was literally everywhere in every rumoured tracklist for blackout, and I think we’ve even got a “description” of the song at some point lol

I wonder if it was part of the scrapped sessions with ne-yo? 

Whoever comes first to say that Cry is Rihanna's "Good Girl Gone Bad" album track is lying. I've seen lots of people trying to say that was the track Britney was supposed to perform/record, but it wasn't.

That Cry rumor was strong though, I wonder if that song exists or not.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Whoever comes first to say that Cry is Rihanna's "Good Girl Gone Bad" album track is lying. I've seen lots of people trying to say that was the track Britney was supposed to perform/record, but it wasn't.

That Cry rumor was strong though, I wonder if that song exists or not.

i thought about that but rihanna's cry came out months before the rumours started.

i reckon it was from the sessions with ne-yo as all the songs were very personal, sad and about britney's life/situation at the time, which led to them being scrapped

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

i thought about that but rihanna's cry came out months before the rumours started.

i reckon it was from the sessions with ne-yo as all the songs were very personal, sad and about britney's life/situation at the time, which led to them being scrapped

Who knows tbh...

• Like 1

I recall rumors about the song, something about it being a very raw emotional song that would surprise people, but since I've never heard of it again (it seems that's popular opinion at least) I think it was probably fiction 

Britney was a big fan of Solomon Burke. She remade his hit song “Cry to Me”. Here’s a female singer’s take on his classic. 

Lyrically it speaks to so much of what Britney was going through with KFed. Shame her version was never released.

I remember reading about the song it was called Cry but also refer to as tear. I read an interview back in the day where they spoke to to a producer I don't remember who was involved with the recording of it and they spoke briefly about her vocal prowess on it and how it was a very beautiful song. This is the deep cut that I have always hoped would surface. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block