Which Britney albums have aged well?

• Super Mods

Hey you guys,

I wanted to make a thread about which Britney albums have aged well.

And here are my opinions:

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Britney_Spears_-_Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again

220px-Circus-_Album.png

718S0GWiwcL._UF350,350_QL50_.jpg

I picked these albums because they still sound fresh to me, the production is nice and the songs never get old.

Now tell which Britney albums do you think aged well?

Let me know what you think.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I only listen to her records when I’m home alone but I’d say….

Blackout, :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

kind of Circus, :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

FF  (only Hold It Agasint Me) especially if you’re into dub step, tech house full body experience music. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 1

That depends… if by “aging well” you mean that the songs would still sound fresh today, then ITZ and Blackout are the obvious choices. Maybe Glory as well, but I’m not really a fan.

If you mean that the songs are still as enjoyable as they used to be… then I’d also include OIDIA and Britney. :elton:

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

That depends… if by “aging well” you mean that the songs would still sound fresh today, then ITZ and Blackout are the obvious choices. Maybe Glory as well, but I’m not really a fan.

If you mean that the songs are still as enjoyable as they used to be… then I’d also include OIDIA and Britney. :elton:

Like if the songs still sound fresh to you and they never get old to you

• Like 1

Most of them - as Britney's music was huge in its production. Lots of stuff always going on in the songs. Her music is the complete opposite of the "minimalist" style that newer pop stars like Billie Eilish have latched onto in recent years.

But I would say her first six albums - BOMT to Circus - have stood the test of time as quintessential pop records that fused R&B, dance, and overall catchy melodies.

Previous generations of bubblegum pop - like the 80s, 60s, and 50s variants of it - were eventually recognized as having value for their inherent catchiness and I think slowly but surely people are starting to see that there really was something special to the orchestral teen-pop sound of Max Martin.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

My favorite album is Blackout but come one it screams 2007 Timbaland/Danja sounds ( better music than you hear today but oh well) BUT if there's one album that didn't age it's '"In the Zone". Most songs could habe been released today. 

Edited by Alio

Blackout has that sound from 06-07 that still feels fresh in today’s musical landscape. Blackout, Loose, and (don’t ban me) FSLS are the early 2000s trinity for me. They all still sound fresh and completely destroy most of what we hear on the radio today. 

• Love 2

Oops and Blackout aged well but have the sounds of their time.

In The Zone - Songs like Boom, Outrageous aged bad but Songs like Toxic or Everytime could easily be released now and rock the charts. 

But her first 5 albums are pop music history- they all had their influences on the music industry. 

BOMT, OIDIA, Britney and FF all of them sound dated, they were products of their time. I love them and I still listen to them, but because of the nostalgia rather than because they still sound fresh.

So the vast majority of ITZ, Blackout and Circus still sound current. Some Glory songs too.

I don’t count BJ, as I don’t remember it being a Britney album.

• Like 1

i'd say in the zone is the one that aged the best. maybe because although the whole vibe of the album was really current at the time, there are many songs that don't sound too 2003, like breathe on me, touch of my hand, toxic, or early mornin. 

blackout sounds very late 00s but it was a trendsetter at the time. when you set a trend instead of follow it, you become timeless. 

i feel like the rest of her albums didn't age really well although i still love them to death (not bj tho). 

I'll rank it (note: this is NOT my album ranking):

Glory is still relatively new and still sounds fine nowadays but let's try again in 5-10 years

Blackout has that late 00's sound, however, it still sounds pretty fresh today.

In The Zone has some songs that still sound fresh (BOM, Toxic, TOMH) but overall sounds early/mid 00's. Most songs definitely aged. 

Circus has aged but not as bad as the ones below

Femme Fatale has that early 10's sound. It did age, but it wouldn't necessarily do that bad today. 

BOMT, Oops, Britney are AMAZING albums but they could not be released today.

BJ, no matter when you release it, it sounds pretty bad

Aging is not a bad thing imo. An album can represent an era which you used to love. I feel very nostalgic listening to BOMT and OOPS and love them a lot. I like them better than FF,Circus and obviously BJ. 

Edited by Peter Pan
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block