Why wasn't Britney featured on Lady Marmalade?

3 hours ago, SJK said:

Britney was A-list by that time. I hate to say it but the 4 they chose were B-list celebs. 

Dont forget how massive Britney was at that time, all the attention would have been on her and not the other girls. 

Christina had a huge debut album with 3 billboard hot 100 no 1s. Genie in a bottle was  one of the biggest songs of 1999. She was hardly a B-list celeb. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Danishfan said:

Christina had a huge debut album with 3 billboard hot 100 no 1s. Genie in a bottle was  one of the biggest songs of 1999. She was hardly a B-list celeb. 

Christina had an amazing debut album yes! I’m not discrediting her but she was nowhere near Britney’s level of fame especially at that time. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SJK said:

Britney was A-list by that time. I hate to say it but the 4 they chose were B-list celebs. 

Dont forget how massive Britney was at that time, all the attention would have been on her and not the other girls. 

In what world do you live in? Xtina and Pink were already huge in 2001. And Lil' Kim was simply a rap legend.

That's a very good question. I have ALWAYS wondered that!

Why wasn't she featured on genie in a bottle?

Why wasn't she featured on Adele's someone like you

Why wasn't she featured on Gagas born this way

Why wasn't she featured on Taylor Swifts Karma? 

Maybe I'll create seperate topics for this. I've always wondered 🤔

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

In vocal terms, Britney would be easily swallowed by Xtina, Pink, even Mya. It was better if she hadn't participated. It would be very humiliating to share space with real singers.

Meanwhile, she outsold them all combined back then, talking about humiliation :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:  She also was able to hold her own, she literally proved it with the Pink & Bey Pepsi commercial song. But sure, keep tearing her down at any time you are around here.

• Love 1

During the time that came out, Britney was absolutely dominating and wouldn't have been able to do it, whether they asked her or not. Her schedule was packed to the brim. Look at this from Wikipedia:

In January 2001, Spears hosted the 28th Annual American Music Awards, starred at Rock in Rio alongside NSYNC, and performed as a special guest in the Super Bowl XXXV halftime show headlined by Aerosmith and NSYNC.[63][64] In February 2001, she signed a $7–8 million promotional deal with Pepsi, and released another book co-written with her mother, A Mother's Gift.[29] Her third studio album, Britney, was released in November 2001, with a funkier sound inspired by hip hop artists such as Jay-Z and the Neptunes.[65]Britney debuted at number one in the Billboard200 and reached top five positions in Australia, the United Kingdom, and mainland Europe, and has sold 10 million copies worldwide

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Dama Etro said:

Meanwhile, she outsold them all combined back then, talking about humiliation :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:  She also was able to hold her own, she literally proved it with the Pink & Bey Pepsi commercial song. But sure, keep tearing her down at any time you are around here.

I'm talking about voice, and in this case Britney is much inferior to the others whether you like it or not. Not everything is about sales. The song had some live performances, do you really believe that she would deliver the same vocal range as Aguilera and P!nk? She would be brutalized.

I remember back in the day were rumors that they asked her but the label turned it down. Also happened with "Nobody Wants To Be Lonely" by Ricky Martin, ended up asking Xtina because Jive turned it down. It's not surprising though, obviously Britney was the biggest star so it's natural they would asked her first regardless of her voice. I can only imagine how many songs, collabs and stuff she turned down at the time. I remember even brands Britney turned down, they would ask Xtina then, and if Xtina turned them down, they would ask Pink, etc, etc. That's the music industry. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Edited by tommy_boy
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block