Why wasn't Britney featured on Lady Marmalade?

On 2/23/2024 at 6:56 AM, SJK said:

Britney was A-list by that time. I hate to say it but the 4 they chose were B-list celebs. 

Dont forget how massive Britney was at that time, all the attention would have been on her and not the other girls. 

I get you might hate Christina but 1999-2003 was the one period of time when she was anything but B list lmao Lady marmalade was her 4th #1 hit in 2 years....

As many have said - Britney's image was basically lolita/virginal at the time. Being on LM would have backfired hard for her with middle america. I mean it backfired on Christina too but she had that god given voice to power through it and the LM vocal was and still is one of the best of her career.

Edited by FranzJoseph
1 hour ago, FranzJoseph said:

I get you might hate Christina but 1999-2003 was the one period of time when she was anything but B list lmao Lady marmalade was her 4th #1 hit in 2 years....

As many have said - Britney's image was basically lolita/virginal at the time. Being on LM would have backfired hard for her with middle america. I mean it backfired on Christina too but she had that god given voice to power through it and the LM vocal was and still is one of the best of her career.

I have never once said I hated Christina. And if you read one of my original reply’s you would see that.  

and again for the third time none of them on that track were anywhere close to how big Britney was. 

Edited by SJK

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block