Pop Emergency: Ariana Grande - yes, and? remix feat. Mariah Carey is out

On 2/9/2024 at 6:48 PM, MikeHunt said:

So she’s swinging big here to get her image back on track. Yes the song went number one but there’s still a large amount that unfollowed her and won’t support her. The song fell out the top 10 in 3 weeks! Shes 17, Geeze almost out of the top 20. 

With the Mariah comparisons since her debut, this could be huge. It would feel like her “me against the music” moment. It could get her back in the top 10 again and maybe Mariah’s support will sway fallen fans to get back on the Ariana train.

I’m a big Ariana fan, but this song is simply… not good. The lyrics don’t make any sense, the beat in the background is too loud, snd she barely shows off her gorgeous voice. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

I’m a big Ariana fan, but this song is simply… not good. The lyrics don’t make any sense, the beat in the background is too loud, snd she barely shows off her gorgeous voice. 

I agree! And vocally idk why but she’s been singing with little power to her voice. She used to SANG! And now, yes she does runs and whistle notes but there’s no power behind it. This duet was a hugely missed opportunity! They should’ve released an original song, maybe even more R&B pop sound. 

maybe her vocal coach is instructing her to hold back vocally to preserve her voice for the long haul? 

• Like 1

I’m sorry, but what were they thinking?! The song had no foundation for a feature. Such a colossal waste of Mariah’s vocals. Even her lyrics are cringe, though I suppose given the preexisting material that was the assignment.

I can’t help but wonder if this feature was always the plan or if it became the plan after the song garnered a lackluster response from the GP. Either way, it’s wild Ari thought THIS was the best track to showcase their vocal brilliance together. Not only is it not worthy of Mariah but Ari too can do better than these hushed baby talk vocals she’s insisted on giving. 

I’ll stick with instrumental. 

Edited by abcdefyuh
  • Like 3
On 2/15/2024 at 8:57 AM, MikeHunt said:

She allegedly had an affair with her Wicked costar, Ethan Slater while they were both married. She went on double dates with him and his wife of 10 years. She supposedly spent time with his wife and held their newborn baby and told his wife how she can’t wait to start a family of her own. Soon Ethan left his wife seemily for Ariana and his wife came out and said Ariana isn’t a girls girl and her “family is collateral damage”. Then it came out that Ariana has a history of getting with men in relationships and also cheating on current boyfriends. 

So when this song came out, it was her first time addressing any of the rumors and her line of saying something about why people care who d.ick she rides is what sent people and a large amount of people unfollowed her. So if we see the song falling from the charts, and if you look at the dislikes on the trailer of her film Wicked (almost 50% dislike) you see there’s a shift in her popularity.

This video by 'Universal Pictures' has:
・101724 likes
98419 dislikes
・101724 views
・11246comments
https://jabrek.net/dislike-en/?url=https://youtu.be/F1dvX9Vs0ns

I had no idea Ariana was a home wrecker 

4 hours ago, FullCircle said:

I had no idea Ariana was a home wrecker 

Yeah you could easily go down a rabbit hole on her history of this behavior on YouTube. I didn’t realize it went back to her early days on Nickelodeon but it wasn’t taken as serious as today when it allegedly affect a married couple and their baby. So idk? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block