So why did she still post on Instagram until yesterday, although she wants to quit the (music) business for real ?

The title explains itself.

what was the point of still posting on instagram and put herself out there in the spotlight? Was it because of her memoir? Does she know that only a few people are interested in her dancing videos and naked pics ? Why don’t open an onlyfans Account then and just delete her instagram account? Why did she post old ITZ/performance videos in the first place ? 

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Discuss! 

Edited by Irina Guyona
  • Like 1

I agree about the Instagram stuff, why post so much and keep deactivating just to reactivate.

It's clear Britney has no desires at this time to be in the spotlight or make music, so it remains a good question as to why she posts on social media to garner headlines.

Only thing I can think of is seeking attention, even when she claims she wants privacy. 

• Love 6
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

What does posting on Instagram have to do with being in the music industry? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Britney is saying she was hurt by the industry and the way she was treated with the headlines, stories that news outlets report ect.

Britney says she wants privacy and doesn't want to be bothered when it comes to the industry, she's a public figure so when she's online posting headline grabbing material it's being talked about.

If Britney doesn't want to be out there, her Instagram isn't helping that with the stuff she's posting. 

• Love 2
  • Like 5

I totally get this point. It‘s not particularly insta, it‘s just why putting yourself out to the world while constantly telling the world that they should „just let you live“ and accept your privacy. 

And telling she is not made for this business (showbusiness includes insta when you have 43 million fans there) 

I always thought it was just to not entirely close the door. Even in her book she left the door open for making music again or gettin in the spotlight again….So when some here say, it‘s nothing new - for me and others this statement yesterday IS NEW! Even when she told „she was not made for this business“ or „she most likely will never tour again“ she left some kind of hope remain….

So for me all these puzzles are not coming together, i kind of don‘t believe her, it just doesn’t make any sense….

• Like 2

I’m so confused by this. I don’t get why not wanting to perform or make music again apparently should mean you never want your fans to hear anything from you ever again and never express yourself again. She should what make her life stories and expression from

now on private because she doesn’t want to make music? She literally said in her book she feels amazing getting to share things on her own terms and post what she likes. 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

The star who's generated more consistent discussion than any other over the past 25 years is naturally going to develop something of a symbiotic relationship with her audience. Detoxing from fame altogether is probably unfathomable to her, assuming it were even possible, as it's all she's known for most of her life. And that doesn't necessitate our judgement at all.

Moreover, stop making the everyday person's life the basis for comparison challenge. NONE of the variables of her life have been "ordinary," so you shouldn't expect her resulting behaviour to always seem it either.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Aylaskye said:

I’m so confused by this. I don’t get why not wanting to perform or make music again apparently should mean you never want your fans to hear anything from you ever again and never express yourself again. She should what make her life stories and expression from

now on private because she doesn’t want to make music? She literally said in her book she feels amazing getting to share things on her own terms and post what she likes. 

Exactly. Not returning to the music industry does not mean she has to disappear from the public eye. Some of you seem to think she has value only as a performer. What a cruel concept that denies her as a person!

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Britney is saying she was hurt by the industry and the way she was treated with the headlines, stories that news outlets report ect.

Britney says she wants privacy and doesn't want to be bothered when it comes to the industry, she's a public figure so when she's online posting headline grabbing material it's being talked about.

If Britney doesn't want to be out there, her Instagram isn't helping that with the stuff she's posting. 

Did you even read his question? i think u are blind :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

4 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

What does posting on Instagram have to do with being in the music industry? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Irina Guyona said:

The title explains itself.

what was the point of still posting on instagram and put herself out there in the spotlight? Was it because of her memoir? Does she know that only a few people are interested in her dancing videos and naked pics ? Why don’t open an onlyfans Account then and just delete her instagram account? Why did she post old ITZ/performance videos in the first place ? 

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Discuss! 

I don't know. I'm honestly done with her. Her videos are not interesting and she should start onlyfans to save us all the squirming in front of the camera and get $ from her hardest fans.

I'm glad she's happy with herself, but if she really wants to live so privately, then she should stop trying to seek attention so weird way - how about let her switch her profile to private and we will all have more peace of mind and the public won't deal with her "controversy" stuff?

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

If y'all don't understand the difference between doing actual performances, like on an actual stage, going to the studio, doing promo, etc and whatever she's been posting on Instagram all these years since she retired, then there isn't much we can explain for you to get it.

What I will never understand is the obsession many of you have with Instagram or social media in general and how seriously you take it. Britney isn't sharing her private life through Instagram, she picks and curates what she wants to post, for the reasons she may have, and whatever is on her page is a very, very, very tiny part of her day to day. Most of the times, we don't even know where she actually is, or how old is the footage she shares, but y'all automatically assume that because she only posts videos spinning in her living room, then that's all she does 24/7, and if she doesn't post for a while, then she's been kidnapped or something. Not to mention all the doctors that jump to ***** her mental status based on her 30 sec videos or the grammar of her captions.

Taking a few minutes to edit a post and share it, and then continue with her life is nothing compared to the chaos she lived as an active singer, both before and during the conservatorship for its very different reasons. I don't know how that is so hard to understand

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block