Britney taps 'Glory' songwriter Julia Michaels for new album

Britney Spears has reportedly enlisted Julia Michaels to write songs for her tenth studio album. Michaels co-wrote a bunch of songs off 2016's 'Glory,' including "Invitation," "Just Luv Me," "Just Like Me," "Better" and "Change Your Mind." 

In a 2017 interview with People, when asked about Britney, Julia stated: "I don’t think people realize how active she is in the studio. A lot of the songs that her, Justin and I did together were her concepts, melodies and lyrics. I think the pop melody sensibility is so engrained in her brain that she just sounds like pop music." Michaels adds: "She is exactly what you think she’s like. She is really down to earth, really humble, just wants to make music and have fun. She’s no different from anybody else."

In her 2023 memoir, 'The Woman In Me,' Britney reflects fondly on her time working with Michaels. “We’d sit and write everything together. I had a passion about it. It was the one thing in the 13 years of the conservatorship that I really put my heart into,” she writes. “I worked hard on those songs, which gave me confidence. You know when you’re good at something and you can feel it? You start doing something and think, I got this? Writing that album gave me my confidence back.” 

Britney has also reportedly tapped Charli XCX for new tunes. 

According to Page Six, Britney has not yet recorded any new material yet, but the project is already starting to take shape. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
I would like it to be only womens Who write with her :
CharliXcx,Julia Michaels, lindy Perry, Kara DioGuardi, Jessie J, Shelly Peiken and others news 

For an album of Women 

With Martin and Darkchild for an touch of PopRock and New producers 

5 minutes ago, IamMax said:

Nicholas always brings exclusives. I trust him. 

True! I wouldn't rule out a full album to be released near the end of 2024, or early 2025. And perhaps a very limited Vegas residency in 2025 to promote it is in the works as well. She could perform only a few nights per month, I mean Adele only performed during the weekends and it was a massive hit :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

Omg Nicholas wrote it, he's reliable when it comes to Britney

J5Whc8l.gif

But who the **** is Julia Michaels

J5Whc8l.gif

Are you seriously asking? Julia worked on Invitation, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party, Do You Wanna Come Over & Change Your Mind from 'Glory' :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, itswwasheem***** said:

Pretty girls is still my jam. It was the start of Britney rebirth. 

If she bring the energy she bring with Pretty Grils I'm here. 

If you don't like the vibe, FIGHT ME Music Video Kiss GIF by Britney Spears

I agree that she genuinely enjoyed the whole Pretty girls thing! She was fire on that video and she even performed on BBMA which was something outside her standards at that time :neydedance_purple:

• Like 1

Would probably be a fourth quarter 2024 release with the way things are going. I hope she comes out with confidence but if the album is quality I will cherish it and honestly give no qualms if she doesn’t do “promo”. 
film a couple high quality videos and release them staggeringly. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block