Britney Jean - was she trying to send a message?

Hey, I’ve had a bit of a think about Britney & her album titles lately. And she used to explain ‘Britney Jean’ as a term of endearment (as lots of parents do) that her father used to calls her when she got in trouble or had been bad like a child.

That comment never aged well, but I'm also wondering if maybe in those interviews and in this album title, Britney was tryin’ to tell us something about her personal situation, or about this album and the forced nature of it…might be a stretch but I’m just wondering what y'all think 😜

• Like 2
1 hour ago, itsrichii***** said:

Hey, I’ve had a bit of a think about Britney & her album titles lately. And she used to explain ‘Britney Jean’ as a term of endearment (as lots of parents do) that her father used to calls her when she got in trouble or had been bad like a child.

That comment never aged well, but I'm also wondering if maybe in those interviews and in this album title, Britney was tryin’ to tell us something about her personal situation, or about this album and the forced nature of it…might be a stretch but I’m just wondering what y'all think 😜

We should ask @Term Of Endearment - oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

• Haha 1

That's interesting because I've been thinking about that too. I'm gonna answer it with some topics:

1 - In that 2013 interview Ellen DeGeneres asks Britney why she decided to call the album like that and Britney says when i'm being bad my family calls me that. Then Ellen replies joking so... you're being bad? 

2 - In 'The Woman in Me' B says that over the years she has been treated by her family like she was bad or evil for some reason and being punished like in that situation of the Las Vegas marriage with Jason (her family reacted in a cold/angry/overprotective way);

3 - Her grandmother who had suffered a big loss on her life and was abused (was put on lithim and sent to a mental facility) by her husband was also called Jean;

4 - Marilyn Monroe had Jean on her name but with an 'e', Jeane, i'm mentioning this because there are some similar points in Marilyn's life story and Britney's. But I don't wish Britney's life story to be sad or tragic like Marilyn's;

5 - In her Toxic video, one of the best parts of it is when she was playing the red hot haired woman who's angry and going to achieve her goals (seeks revenge). The key word here is angry. And this is probably Britney's best video or the most acclaimed/recognized by the general public. All of the situation Britney went through especially in c-ship of being privated of her basic human rights made Britney angry. Anger might be a sign that the person's needs are not being feeded. I'm saying this because I was thinking that maybe Britney needs that angry powerful woman from Toxic back to her. The fact that the badass red hot headed woman was in one of her best music videos ever... That might be a sign.

4d37c9755a0c666292fafbc6117dd27e71393274

Edited by Fita
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block