UPDATE: Taylor FINALLY reaches out later after intense backlash. ..Family of fan who passed away expose Taylor as LIAR - “she has not reached out”

KrisJ

29 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Girl $55 million to a billionaire is like me donating $20 to the Red Cross.

The same applies to billion dollar companies who treat their employees like sh-t even though they could afford not to.

Anyways, I agree she's the literal #1 queen of capitalism, but this was not the situation for it to be brought up as an explanation for why she hasn't donated to the family because it makes no sense. I don't really like Taylor as a person anymore either, but it's annoying how overly critical people are when it's uncalled for.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

The same applies to billion dollar companies who treat their employees like sh-t even though they could afford not to.

Anyways, I agree she's the literal #1 queen of capitalism, but this was not the situation for it to be brought up as an explanation for why she hasn't donated to the family because it makes no sense. I don't really like Taylor as a person anymore either, but it's annoying how overly critical people are when it's uncalled for.

Exactly the same applies for those companies and I hold the same sentiments for them, but anyways not everyone can be unproblematic like Carly Slae Legend

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Uncalled? A fan died during her concert due to the poor conditions of the organization. Almost 140ºF temperature and they did nothing. They forbided people bringing water and also didn't gave people water either, just so they could make more money selling overpriced water (8.00 R$ for a 300ml bottle that costs 0.50 cents on a supermarket) to people that were literally dying because of the heat. That's the reason she didn't reached out to the family: because she is afraid this situation will be exposed in details and she will be seem as guilty for what happened during her concert. And she doesn't want that. She is the perfect and nice country girl that love her fans (but only if they're white or at least american/european). 

I'm a fan of Taylor Swift for over 10 years now and I can't put in words how much I'm disapointed about her. Her relationship with her fans are just a facade. Taylor Swift is an enterprise and her fans are her clients and that's it. She doesn't care at all about any of them, she just care as long as you keep consuming her music and buying her stuff. And unfortunately, that's the reality of most of the artists the public idolize. 

Edited by mono-yuumi
  • Love 5

This. 

I live in Brazil and I saw the news here.

Man, I know it's not Taylor's to blame. BUT it would be REALLY nice if Taylor or someone from her team had reached out to the family's members since it as a FAN who died, and they're not as wealthy as Taylor is. Taylor is only rich and billionaire because of her fans (and also her hard work, let it be said). The production/events company did a mistake, yes, I hope they take the responsability. Taylor wrote something on her IG but it doesn't do anything to the actual situation of the families. They had NO MONEY TO BRING THE BODY BACK TO THEIR STATE! Girl, reach out a little hand? Just that. She could have been that way.

Also, there were OTHER FANS who d i e d in Rio in that time of her shows. It was other circumstances, but still...

You're a billionaire, girl. 

I like Taylor's music and all but WASN'T IT THE SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR FANS something that standed out from you?

Edited by Fita
  • Like 4

ALSO it wasn't only the heat and the lack of water that were issues in that day.

There were A HUGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE as a crowd. See, I heard a fan (who go hurt in the concert) saying that they were waiting since 12pm and when the gates were open at 3pm the people who were waiting RAN and it was like a bunch of cows coming out of the gates. Jeez. They didn't really take care of the situation, and in this case I mean the events company T4F (Time For Fun). Or Times For Run...

32 minutes ago, mono-yuumi said:

Uncalled? A fan died during her concert due to the poor conditions of the organization. Almost 140ºF temperature and they did nothing. They forbided people bringing water and also didn't gave people water either, just so they could make more money selling overpriced water (8.00 R$ for a 300ml bottle that costs 0.50 cents on a supermarket) to people that were literally dying because of the heat. That's the reason she didn't reached out to the family: because she is afraid this situation will be exposed in details and she will be seem as guilty for what happened during her concert. And she doesn't want that. She is the perfect and nice country girl that love her fans (but only if they're white or at least american/european). 

I'm a fan of Taylor Swift for over 10 years now and I can't put in words how much I'm disapointed about her. Her relationship with her fans are just a facade. Taylor Swift is an enterprise and her fans are her clients and that's it. She doesn't care at all about any of them, she just care as long as you keep consuming her music and buying her stuff. And unfortunately, that's the reality of most of the artists the public idolize. 

Everything you listed was a failure on the part of the venue, though. It's standard practice for arenas to forbid bringing in your own water. Granted, you'd think a venue in Brazil would know better, but here we are... There's videos of Taylor mouthing "water". What else was she supposed to do? I guess she could've stopped the show, but like...

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Fita said:

The family had to get a loan to pay for the body being carried back to their state/home.

The fact that Taylor could've paid for all the costs of this and her funeral since this fan died at HER concert but hasn't says it all.

I mean even Ariana payed for all of her victim's funerals and she probably isn't as rich as her.

This proves actions speak louder than words. :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Also btw don't be surprised if we hear a few days later

of her finally paying or doing something about this situation.

She probably only did it cause of backlash and to save her reputation.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

The fact that Taylor could've paid for all the costs of this and her funeral since this fan died at HER concert says it all.

I mean even Ariana payed for all of her victim's funerals and she probably isn't as rich as her.

This proves actions speak louder than words. :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Also btw don't be surprised if we hear a few days later

of her finally paying or doing something about this situation.

She probably only did it cause of backlash and to save her reputation.

It's so sad the reality differences between these fans and BILLIONAIRE TayTay.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Fita said:

It's so sad the reality differences between these fans and BILLIONAIRE TayTay.

I used to be one of those fans who thought she was a real nice girl but seeing her behavior throughout the past few years

especially with milking her fans out of their money with re-recordings and dating a creep who watches adult videos of black women getting assaulted left a bad taste in my mouth.

Now I just like her music but that's it.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Richie said:

well she lied about the fan passing before the show too. It was during the show.

She probably wasnt given all the facts / proper facts. For someone of her magnitude, she probably assumed / hoped it would be dealt with by the right people. In saying that, the fact she said she was crying / upset in her dressing room... That isn't a good look for someone who has a fan die at their show.  You can't blame anyone but the person who decided no bottles would be allowed. Thought she really should have gotten her facts right to begin with. She's probably trying to just push ahead. Lots of people get sad and just try to distract themselves. She's only human after all. She hasn't received training for this sort of thing. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

This

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block