What Britney didn't tell you about Justin Timberlake in her memoir book

38 minutes ago, Lucky☆ said:

We always thought he was one of her best boyfriends , he actually was one of the worst.

A lot of the trauma that she has ..it is because of him 

Britney retained some of her pure heartness even at times like this, for people who don't deserve it. The fact this man is more respected as an artist by the general public, because he's a man, when he's not even half the performer she is. She is yet to be recognized for who she truly is, and it makes me sad.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Fay1981 said:

I believe the reason she left Justin off the hook is because even after all the **** he said about her after, her time with him was one of the happiest in her life. I found the book to be a bit sad because it doesn't seem like Britney was ever really happy and it seems like she didn't have many close friends. She says in her book that she was happy in her personal life during that time and I think that's the reason.

Yeah I kinda understand that, still though. I would’ve been extremely hurt and angry that an ex aired out our dirty laundry all over the world on tv or radio shows, and I would’ve dragged them by their scalp to hell, but again that’s me lol.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this!

I also felt there was a current of dark jealousy that radiated off Justen in regards to Britney. The VMA kiss kind of puts it into a perfect visual - his beady little eyes glaring towards the stage after the kiss was never because he was jealous or possessive that Britney just kissed another person. His angry stare was because he knew what kind of ground breaking moment in pop culture just occurred and he could not compete with it.

In fact Janet Jacksons stylist for the superbowl said that Justin came up with the wardrobe malfunction saying he, "insisted on doing something bigger than their performance. He wanted a reveal".

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/11/justin-timberlake-set-up-wardrobe-malfunction-to-one-up-britney-spears-stylist/

spacer.png

Edited by goose
  • Love 4
  • Super Mods
On 10/26/2023 at 12:03 AM, The Femme Fatale said:

She ******* let him off way too easy in this book. I would’ve been furious at him for using me to promote himself and trashing me by airing our dirty laundry live on radio. She’s got a lot more forgiveness for that than I do that’s for sure.

Same.

I love Britney but she kind of acts like a pushover sometimes instead of defending herself.

And I'm not just referring to how Justin treated her but also with the her kids moving to Hawaii, paying for Sam's apartment, etc.

She is too damn nice and that's why the GP and media pick on her.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
On 10/26/2023 at 7:41 PM, Lucky☆ said:

We always thought he was one of her best boyfriends , he actually was one of the worst.

A lot of the trauma that she has ..it is because of him 

Exactly.

I used to think he was the one that got away but knowing what we know now,

that isn't the case.

He is the reason for her downfall and why she spiraled the way she did.

NONE of the bad things that happened after their breakup would've happened if it weren't for him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, goose said:

Thanks for posting this!

I also felt there was a current of dark jealousy that radiated off Justen in regards to Britney. The VMA kiss kind of puts it into a perfect visual - his beady little eyes glaring towards the stage after the kiss was never because he was jealous or possessive that Britney just kissed another person. His angry stare was because he knew what kind of ground breaking moment in pop culture just occurred and he could not compete with it.

In fact Janet Jacksons stylist for the superbowl said that Justin came up with the wardrobe malfunction saying he, "insisted on doing something bigger than their performance. He wanted a reveal".

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/11/justin-timberlake-set-up-wardrobe-malfunction-to-one-up-britney-spears-stylist/

spacer.png

If that's not the pettiest display of jealousy, idk what is.

• Like 3
On 10/27/2023 at 10:30 AM, Fay1981 said:

She doesn't really say when the abor**on happened. In the book she says "At one point when we were dating, I became pregnant with Justin’s baby." She doesn't give a year.

Then where did TMZ get the timeline then? I remember they were the ones who broke the story first, and then I think People also reported late 2000. Did her team feed them additional information? 

On 10/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, goose said:

Thanks for posting this!

spacer.png

Uhh you do know they interviewed him right after this performance right? It’s there in youtube.

He explained his behaviour — the cameraman was so up his face when the moment came, so he was concentrating trying to not have a reaction (and also being annoyed at the cameraman). He also lightheartedly said the kiss was hot.

Y’all need to chill and take things into perspective. Britney actually defended a lot of his behaviour in her book, so I don’t know why there’s so much anger at him. 

The Janet thing is ridiculous, Janet herself has hinted that it was their team’s idea to have the reveal. They even customized the starburst nipple cover for the performance — it was obvious that it was going to be revealed onstage. Also Justin flew in last minute from another location to the Super Bowl. He was a guest, and in his twenties. He doesn’t have that much power to ruin Janet’s career. Les Moonves was the one who banned Janet.

Edited by Shaza
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2023 at 8:39 AM, Alice in Wonderland said:

After this, the press mysteriously started turning against her... 

sis, britney's perception by the public and the media was always controversial since day one and before that incident and even she says it on the book.

After she performed on the 2000 vmas they showed her a video of people talking about her and her persona, that was years before the whole Mona Lisa radio thing, she was always followed by paparazzi, even back in 2003, just check Xray if you dont believe me lol

On 10/28/2023 at 2:58 PM, goose said:

spacer.png

I thought this article was pretty significant, but it got very little coverage.
I wondered then, and I still do:girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

Edited by turquoise
3 hours ago, Shaza said:

Uhh you do know they interviewed him right after this performance right? It’s there in youtube.

He explained his behaviour — the cameraman was so up his face when the moment came, so he was concentrating trying to not have a reaction (and also being annoyed at the cameraman). He also lightheartedly said the kiss was hot.

Y’all need to chill and take things into perspective. Britney actually defended a lot of his behaviour in her book, so I don’t know why there’s so much anger at him. 

The Janet thing is ridiculous, Janet herself has hinted that it was their team’s idea to have the reveal. They even customized the starburst nipple cover for the performance — it was obvious that it was going to be revealed onstage. Also Justin flew in last minute from another location to the Super Bowl. He was a guest, and in his twenties. He doesn’t have that much power to ruin Janet’s career. Les Moonves was the one who banned Janet.

But he also had this to say about Britney and Madonna's kiss.

And I've seen a video of JT bragging right after his Super Bowl performance with Janet they (JT and Janet) like to surprise people or something like that. It was before he learned that it had a very bad reputation.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:18 AM, princessmimi said:

Exactly.

I used to think he was the one that got away but knowing what we know now,

that isn't the case.

He is the reason for her downfall and why she spiraled the way she did.

NONE of the bad things that happened after their breakup would've happened if it weren't for him.

I watched the STAGES documentary while she was Mexico, and it really put **** into perspective... how that girl was not ready to do this massive tour after hurting so much.  abor**on, break up, etc.  **** man.  Watching that back made me cry. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Nina Dobrev said:

I watched the STAGES documentary while she was Mexico, and it really put **** into perspective... how that girl was not ready to do this massive tour after hurting so much.  abor**on, break up, etc.  **** man.  Watching that back made me cry. 

Exactly.

That would explain why she wasn't that nice during interviews/press in the documentary.

I would be like that too if I was going through what she was going through. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Shaza said:

Then where did TMZ get the timeline then? I remember they were the ones who broke the story first, and then I think People also reported late 2000. Did her team feed them additional information? 

Well maybe TMZ and People had another source but Britney doesn't say in the book it was in 2000. Maybe people think it was because before that she was talking about his infidelities and she mentions his fling with that girl from All Saints that happened in 2000. 

Edited by Fay1981
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah her heartbreak over her a.borting their baby and then him trashing her and s.lutshaming her after their breakup

definitely did a number on her.

She seemed fine before that.

Obvious it didn't help things and he said terrible things about her after the break up but he's not responsible for all the bad things that happened. A lot of those things would still probably happen even if Justin was nice about Britney.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Fay1981 said:

Well maybe TMZ and People had another source but Britney doesn't say in the book it was in 2000. Maybe people think it was because before that she was talking about his infidelities and she mentions his fling with that girl from All Saints that happened in 2000. 

Yeah I think Britney’s team gave them additional information, because they were all reporting it as fact (that they were 19 years old).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block