How does the new generation remember Britney Spears?

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Bingjmljr said:

Like you said, “I just wish she cared more about her legacy”. Sorry if that wasn’t exact.

Yeah but I also said it's not up to me and its fine if she doesn't care, which she obviously doesnt.

It just seems like she's purposely trying to ruin the image she had her entire career

but based on how she was treated the world, media and her family/team con,

I can see why she would resent her career and fame.

All jokes aside, they definitely know her, mostly now for her personal issues and IG posts spinning around, but they definitely know she's a popstar and has hits, her Slave performance with the snake, the kiss and stuff like that. It's pretty similar to MJ, when I was a kid I knew he was a pop icon, his song 'Thriller', and also knew he had to got to court all the time but didn't know why. I remember him going there on his pajamas one time lol. 

I've seen on Youtube some reactions from kids and teenagers on Britney and that kinda gives you an idea of that. (They're normally pretty shock about her live performances, usually they didn't know she was that fierce). 

2 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

I've seen on Youtube some reactions from kids and teenagers on Britney and that kinda gives you an idea of that. (They're normally pretty shock about her live performances, usually they didn't know she was that fierce). 

On one of those YT videos a girl said "wow! I didn't know she could do all that. So, she was the Beyoncé from the 2000s decade before Beyoncé came out". :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 1

I was going to make a thread about this. I personally have always thought that Britney was ''irrelevant'' to be honest to the current generation. However i had 3 experiences very recently (made a thread about it on atrl as well).

So the first one was when i walked out of an Office Works ( Australian office retail) and there were a bunch of school girls (about 15) all of them aged 10-14. They had stands as a school project selling items and they had big speakers playing Crazy (album version) and all singing out loud. I was smiling but so damn confused like just......HOW???? and the ALBUM version too :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Second time i was very recently baby sitting my best friend's 2 girls whilst he was at the bank. Anyways, they're both under 10. The one that was 9 years old asked me to play some Olivia rodrigio songs on Youtube. Then she started asking me what my favourite songs were. I mentioned Eminem , tame impala and she was confused. As soon as i said Toxic she was like ''I LOVE THAT SONG'' and then said '' I also love baby one more time'' and started singing it. I was pleasantly shocked and asked her how do you know this song and she said it was popular. 

Third time as my niece (who is 11 years old), She was telling me her usual knock knock jokes and then asked me ''Do you know Britney Spears''? and obviously like the stan iam i said ''OF COURSE YESS'' :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: she then goes '' do you know her song Oops i did it again?'' and then started telling me a knock knock joke about the song itself. I was just so damn surprised....

like how ? Oops? baby one more time??? those are ANCIENT songs in comparison to those Gen Alpha girls that were born in 2012 :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I guess Britney is becoming like MJ in that regard. As in no matter what new generation is current he's just as relevant and KNOWN. 

15 hours ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

They don’t know her music. My nephew calls her the crazy lady who scream shout divorced many.

He wishes he could be friends with her sons cuz he says they look lonely and terrified when she’s around. He say why she yell at them. 
I just tell him she has been heavily medicated on adderall and lithium for decades

Okay but am i the only person who saw the videos and thought it was just regular parenting to me…?

Saying put on lotion and wear shoes on freezing weather is not something uncommon that parents say….

• Love 1

I was born when in the zone was released and the first time i remember hearing current Britney songs was in 2011 when till the word ends was huge.

I remember her for her singles but i never listened to her whole body of work until i heard lucky playing one day and i wondered who was the one singing and i was instantly hooked lol

This was in early 2017, and till this day im still a fan since nobody does it like her

16 hours ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

They don’t know her music. My nephew calls her the crazy lady who scream shout divorced many.

He wishes he could be friends with her sons cuz he says they look lonely and terrified when she’s around. He say why she yell at them. 
I just tell him she has been heavily medicated on adderall and lithium for decades

Um, or she was just parenting?  What an awkward thing to say and describe.

Anyways, on topic.  I'm an instructor for a large tech company and teach classes.  Mostly my learners are international, I play Britney before class starts and they all know who she is.  Most like the songs and they make requests, some could care less.  These are people ranging from 18 and older.

I actually find it's my generation that grew up with her that is more inclined to call her bad names and not the younger gen. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block