Britney addresses 'The Woman In Me' headlines: "That's exactly why I quit the business 4 years ago"

I'm so torn with this post of hers...

On one hand I'm like "Yes, Britney! Tell them it's your story and who cares what they think. Go heal and start fresh!"

On the other hand, what she's saying sounds like a crock of **** - pardon my language.

If this book was truly about her own self journey to heal and start fresh, then as someone else mentioned, she could've saved it for her diary and kept it to herself. But no, SHE chose to share it with the world - nobody twister her arm. She can no longer blame the people around her for manipulating or controlling her into doing it.

Any mention of the book she's made has always been about sharing her story on her terms so that others could see what things were really like. She invited the public into her PRIVATE world and shared experience others may not have even known about. For her to say that she doesn't care what the media thinks is pretty dumb, because she's releasing information to counter what the media has always said about her, so again, she can't say she doesn't care about the media but then gaslight the media into talking about her more. It's counterproductive.

To me, it's clear that Britney hasn't really healed or moved on not just from the last 13 years, but from her entire life and this is her way of putting up a front. What I'm reading between the lines here is that she is indeed still very insecure and her image matters more to her than she cares to admit, which to me, doesn't make her that strong.

I get it though, her life has been utter crap, but healing starts with self awareness and I don't think she has much of it.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Sia said:

I'm so torn with this post of hers...

On one hand I'm like "Yes, Britney! Tell them it's your story and who cares what they think. Go heal and start fresh!"

On the other hand, what she's saying sounds like a crock of **** - pardon my language.

If this book was truly about her own self journey to heal and start fresh, then as someone else mentioned, she could've saved it for her diary and kept it to herself. But no, SHE chose to share it with the world - nobody twister her arm. She can no longer blame the people around her for manipulating or controlling her into doing it.

Any mention of the book she's made has always been about sharing her story on her terms so that others could see what things were really like. She invited the public into her PRIVATE world and shared experience others may not have even known about. For her to say that she doesn't care what the media thinks is pretty dumb, because she's releasing information to counter what the media has always said about her, so again, she can't say she doesn't care about the media but then gaslight the media into talking about her more. It's counterproductive.

To me, it's clear that Britney hasn't really healed or moved on not just from the last 13 years, but from her entire life and this is her way of putting up a front. What I'm reading between the lines here is that she is indeed still very insecure and her image matters more to her than she cares to admit, which to me, doesn't make her that strong.

I get it though, her life has been utter crap, but healing starts with self awareness and I don't think she has much of it.

I hope Britney realises a lot of the misleading headlines are due to her fans twisting her words and pushing false narratives.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Poor Britney, she’s baring her soul here and I do think she still has a soft spot for Justin so it probably still hurts her to see people condemning him for the stuff that happened back then. I suspect it’s mostly the ******** stuff because that is the biggest bombshell so far. Everyone kind of knew about the cheating stuff anyway.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, dulcaewm said:

She’s not angry that the media is covering the book, she’s angry that the media is only focusing on the negative parts and that people are trying to cancel Justin for the millionth time :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Look sis, I agree with you but you’re also complicit in focusing on the negative parts and trying to cancel Sam. You can’t be biased like that and expect anyone to take you seriously. This is the problem with Britney fans. Some of you like to pick and choose who to envy when that shouldn’t have to be the case at all. And no I’m not here to **** on Justin or cancel him but let’s not act like he’s some saving grace when he could have done a lot more to help or protect Britney during what was a very vulnerable time in her life.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block