Britney wants to redo Beyonce's song "Daddy Lessons" with Jay-Z: "So many people have done remixes to my songs without my knowledge"

17 minutes ago, Lola2790 said:

Britney is so misunderstood.

I think she's upset because she wanted to do different renditions of her old hits but TCon didn't allow her. Watch her face the moment the tribute starts for her at Radio Disney awards in 2017. She looks upset and looks pensive.

The first Disney girl singing her song Oops! is singing it in a very different, more country way

Britney posted herself singing BOMT las year in a VERY different rendition. 

Basically, she's upset everyone else got to have artistic freedom with HER MUSIC.

Thank you! What's so hard to understand about this? She had no control over her music for years... She's probably just found out about a load of remixes i.e. the caption :orangu_orangutan_ape: Some of you need Jesus :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Just now, Isla said:

Oh.... well I can't tell if it's shade or not. :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

Let me help. It's not shade... :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

• Love 1
  • Like 8
2 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Thank you! What's so hard to understand about this? She had no control over her music for years... She's probably just found out about a load of remixes i.e. the caption :orangu_orangutan_ape: Some of you need Jesus :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Let me help. It's not shade... :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

okay, but Beyoncé doesn’t need to be the punching bag and she sure as HELLLL doesn’t need to throw her husband in there as well.

• Haha 5
25 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Do you know how many DJs or random producers from Amsterdam to Ibiza to Nevada are remixing their own versions of Toxic or BOMT? Even if they were to publish it on streaming services, it has to go through clearance from the publisher which then I would assume the label or songwriter/producer is notified of. Last I was made aware of, Britney isn’t really involved in her music career anymore.

I agree with your reply, however I feel her post is aimed at Beyoncé since the song she wants to remix or cover is Beyoncé’s. 

I feel Britney is more likely to be familiar and a bit salty with famous celebrities that remix her songs rather than unknown DJs who have been remixing her songs since the 2000s.

Its true, Britney is not really involved in her music much but I think she gets triggered by people using her image for clout and fame.

Britney has never begged for relevancy in a musical sense. If the whole world forgot who she was, I think she’d be happy.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

The way some of you turn on Britney because YOU can't understand her is disappointing, gross, yet not surprising.

Britney is clearly wanting to do a song with Beyonce, and isn't shading her. What she IS shading, is her situation of not being able to remix her own **** in the conservatorship.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

The way some of you turn on Britney because YOU can't understand her is disappointing, gross, yet not surprising.

Britney is clearly wanting to do a song with Beyonce, and isn't shading her. What she IS shading, is her situation of not being able to remix her own **** in the conservatorship.

Well the CON has been over for 2 years and the last time her songs were performed in remix versions she wasn’t happy about was 2016 Disney awards - time to take charge and put out the remixes and music she wants too instead of complaining about it every other week. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Exactly, she's constantly praising and dancing to Beyoncé.

It's not that they cant understand Britney and more like they try hard to find drama into anything that is Britney related.

I swear I saw this posted in other places and exhale is the only place that managed to turn it into something negative. This forum has gone to pits

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

But reports from last year said Britney refused to work with Beyonce... :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

PAGESIX.COM

The collab would have been Spears' second release since her 13-year conservatorship ended in 2021. Her Elton John duet, "Hold Me Closer," came out in 2022.

36 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Well it’s been 2 years now and she can remix and do whatever she wants with her music instead of complaining and complaining again. Why doesn’t she put out a Britney remix album/playlist where she’s selected remixes of her songs? Make a difference and take charge of your discography and artistry instead of whinging every Monday :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

She has said they ruined it all for her.

They destroyed every part of her life including her motivation and passion for music. Hopefully it comes back someday.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block