New promo video for Britney's book 'The Woman In Me'

2 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

"cheesy is good!" - Britney, 2013

She's a positive person who makes the best of her situation. I think she will talk about the conservatorship and what led up to it. But she doesn't want her life to be remembered for her abuse. would you? 

I swear some fans on here are so into the drama...

She keeps banging on about it on insta so she coulda fooled me. She’s such a positive person :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

39 minutes ago, MartinH said:

Crazy, she is even to lazy to do great promo for HER book :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:  

It is gonna flop hard, she does not have that power anymore...

I don’t think promo sells books. What’s gonna sell it is if there’s crazy stuff in there that goes viral, like Jeanette McCurdy’s book or Pamela’s and press picks up on it. Most ppl that buy books aren’t going to see an interview and be like oh let me buy this at least not in 2023. But I do think the book will debut well, the hopefully grow when ppl talk about it.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, MartinH said:

Crazy, she is even to lazy to do great promo for HER book :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:  

It is gonna flop hard, she does not have that power anymore...

I know. What’s so hard about doing a photo shoot or talking about the book? It feels like she’s not involved at all with the book.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

She was paid megabucks upfront. More important now is that she gets a cathartic release. At this point, traipsing all over the promotional trail to try to generate every possible sale wouldn't meaningfully set anything straight for her.

If writing it allowed her to untie some psychological knots and blow off some steam, the book could sell two copies and be a success. (But this WILL be a No. 1 NYT blockbuster, make no mistake, even without promo.)

• Love 6
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I don’t think promo sells books. What’s gonna sell it is if there’s crazy stuff in there that goes viral, like Jeanette McCurdy’s book or Pamela’s and press picks up on it. Most ppl that buy books aren’t going to see an interview and be like oh let me buy this at least not in 2023. But I do think the book will debut well, the hopefully grow when ppl talk about it.

Booktok :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

I’m not sure what to think. When I’m on stage I feel invincible? It feels like something from her early career, very Heart to Heart. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Then again, they did just recently claim the book covers everything, including the con. Maybe it IS split and the first first part will cover everything up until the con.

I imagine there’ll be meltdowns, but honestly - if it means she’ll be able to say more stuff (legally) and also have more time to reflect, it’d probably be for the best. 

She confirmed that writing vol 2 and maybe even vol 3 on the way. So that's why I feel like first book won't be covering that much. Seems mostly her childhood and her early career. Maybe that's why she choosed her book cover pic from Britney era.

I honestly don't think we will get the topics we are looking for on that book. She should promote more actively if that's really her life story. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block