Police called to Britney's home to check on her in response to the knives video

4 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

huh?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ydlmcgy5mgkf61v8gr

I believe you're talking about accidents, which in fact is something unexpected or unintentional. But domestic abuse, kidnapping, suicide, or other crimes are preventable, sweetie. You just need to be more involved if you see or suspect something!

We all have our own problems and businesses to mind, sweetie. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

the thing is Britney Spears or her posts aren't just "talked about" on online forums.

People are assuming her mental state, are calling the cops, are even suggesting or assuming she's consuming substances, and all sorts of things that go beyond what a "public figure" should be talked about. Both users online and headlines.

If she shares a video of herself naked in her bathroom, or dancing with knives, that's on her, and that's the only thing we have right to because SHE is the one that's sharing it. Just because she posts that doesn't open the door for us to investigate further into her life, nor she owes us any explanation and no one's business to the call the police on her.

People aren't just saying "I like this video or I don't like it" they go on to diagnose and assume all sorts of things about her, as if the few Instagram posts she shares were an accurate picture of her life, as if that's the only thing she's doing 24/7 just because we don't see her anymore through paparazzi pictures or something. Call the police and create all the headlines when Britney is seen chasing people in the streets, threatening them with a knife or something that really deserves that kind of attention, not a simple instagram post.

That is what irks me. The overreaction, the exaggerated amount of attention or seriousness with which they talk about Britney, her life, her mental state, OVER AN INSTAGRAM POST. Like, I wish people said this out loud and listened how absurd it sounds

Anyways, my comment was directed to the person suggesting Britney is the one that needs to stop posting these things, when she isn't doing anything wrong. It's the rest of the world who needs to start minding their business and stop giving so much importance and relevance to her instagram posts.

It's funny (well not so funny) that because a lot of people would say that because she doesn't make public appearances anymore or isn't photographed by paparazzi as often as years ago, then Instagram is the only window we have to her private life. But I think the opposite. I think because she's basically retired from the business, Instagram is her only way for her to PERFORM. We don't get professional photoshoots or videoclips anymore, but I feel like her posts are the replacement for Britney the artist.

She's not inviting us into her private life just because she shoots her clips at her house. She's not being recorded without her being conscious about it. She's pulling a performance in front of her phone, she's editing the videos herself, she goes on to post them, caption them, etc. She's choosing what to share and what not. She's not out of control, she's not doing things unconsciously. It's just stupid trying to read beyond her posts just being posts, nothing else. They're not cries for help, they're not symptoms of an illness, they're nothing but simple posts. 

Best post of the year hands down! I agree with everything!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Dama Etro said:

Scary .. as in, some lunatic "fans" are trying to control her. I hope she continues to do random stuff to annoy these "fans" even more. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Calling fans lunatics and claiming they're trying to control Britney is not true, the only time Britney was EVER controlled was via Jimbo, and the C Ship.

Fans have NEVER controlled Britney.

:jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Calling fans lunatics and claiming they're trying to control Britney is not true, the only time Britney was EVER controlled was via Jimbo, and the C Ship.

Fans have NEVER controlled Britney.

:jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

That is right, they never controlled her, but they are trying to. :emma: Failing miserably of course, but they do try. On Exhale its just whining but try to look at the Instagram people alone.

• Love 2

I honestly don’t understand this controversy. Shakira literally just did this at the VMAs, so the inspiration was obvious without Britney having to clarify. If she were dancing with spoons or even forks, nobody would care beyond it being the same weird Britney stuff. In no way was she posing a threat to anybody. She could be dancing with sparklers (which could hypothetically cause a FIRE) and that wouldn’t be condemned. The guys from the JackA.$.$ franchise do absolutely insane s.h!t and nobody is calling the police on them for wellness checks. Republicans in red states take photos of CHILDREN with GUNS all the time and that’s considered acceptable.

Like, how many years and Instagram posts have to go by before people finally accept that this (the dancing, the selfie videos about nothing) is consistent behavior and clearly how she chooses to express herself. Is it “abnormal”? Yes! Is it in any way an actual problem? NO. She has been showing us for 20 years since Chaotic that she’s a messy weirdo and not the pristine Barbie from her first few years in the spotlight. 

Whether or not Britney Spears dances with knives in the privacy of her own home has literally no effect on anybody else’s lives. And her uploading it to Instagram is not an invitation for others to involve themselves. This outrage and “concern” is itself outrageous. It’s not like she’s smoking ¢rack and crying, cutting herself, and ranting about invisible monsters out to get her. Britney Spears is an eccentric weirdo who is still capable of taking care of herself and is no risk to herself or others around her/society. Let the woman be. 

Edited by Tetris
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Tetris said:

I honestly don’t understand this controversy. Shakira literally just did this at the VMAs, so the inspiration was obvious without Britney having to clarify. If she were dancing with spoons or even forks, nobody would care beyond it being the same weird Britney stuff. In no way was she posing a threat to anybody. She could be dancing with sparklers (which could hypothetically cause a FIRE) and that wouldn’t be condemned. The guys from the JackA.$.$ franchise do absolutely insane s.h!t and nobody is calling the police on them for wellness checks. Republicans in red states take photos of CHILDREN with GUNS all the time and that’s considered acceptable.

Like, how many years and Instagram posts have to go by before people finally accept that this (the dancing, the selfie videos about nothing) is consistent behavior and clearly how she chooses to express herself. Is it “abnormal”? Yes! Is it in any way an actual problem? NO. She has been showing us for 20 years since Chaotic that she’s a messy weirdo and not the pristine Barbie from her first few years in the spotlight. 

Whether or not Britney Spears dances with knives in the privacy of her own home has literally no effect of anybody else’s lives. And her uploading it to Instagram is not an invitation for others to involve themselves. This outrage and “concern” is outrageous. It’s not like she’s smoking ¢rack and crying, cutting herself, and ranting about invisible monsters out to get her. Britney Spears is an eccentric weirdo who is still capable of taking care of herself and is no risk to herself or others around her. Let the woman be. 

THIS! PREACH! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dama Etro said:

That is right, they never controlled her, but they are trying to. :emma: Failing miserably of course, but they do try. On Exhale its just whining but try to look at the Instagram people alone.

And how exactly are fans trying to control her? Do they live with her? Are they in her real life directing her and strapping her down and telling her what to do?

This is a damn forum; people are merely in here expressing their feelings on the topics honey boo boo chile. 

Just because a fan might say "I wish Britney would leave California" that's not trying to "control" her.

:begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

And how exactly are fans trying to control her? Do they live with her? Are they in her real life directing her and strapping her down and telling her what to do?

This is a damn forum; people are merely in here expressing their feelings on the topics honey boo boo chile. 

Just because a fan might say "I wish Britney would leave California" that's not trying to "control" her.

:begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

You cherry pick stuff. People are constantly telling her stuff like lose weight, fix your teeth, fix your mascara, brush your hair, dont scare your dogs, dont do dangerous stuff, dont hang out with person XY. And that is just recent stuff that came to my mind. Should I go on? No matter if these are "meant well" (most are not as they either have a belittling or hateful tone), it is an attempt to force her into something she does not want to do right now. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Tetris said:

Whether or not Britney Spears dances with knives in the privacy of her own home has literally no effect on anybody else’s lives. And her uploading it to Instagram is not an invitation for others to involve themselves. This outrage and “concern” is itself outrageous. It’s not like she’s smoking ¢rack and crying, cutting herself, and ranting about invisible monsters out to get her. Britney Spears is an eccentric weirdo who is still capable of taking care of herself and is no risk to herself or others around her/society. Let the woman be. 

Marry me. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.