Britney’s 1st appearance on the Rosie O’Donnell show. 1999

Britney’s 1st appearance on the Rosie O’Donnell show. 1999.

Rosie’s YouTube channel just today, a few hours ago, posted the full episode of the show. Britney performed BOMT and then sat down to be interviewed by Rosie afterwards.

I remember staying home from school and watching it live on TV at 10AM. Regrettably I didn’t have a blank VHS tape to record the episode though. Does anybody remember or know the actual day and month Britney was on the show? Rosie is just listing the Season, episode number, and year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9vU6TxMII

Edit: Britney’s parts start at about 33 minutes into the video.

Edited by websurfer22
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

She seemed pissed that Rosie kept making jabs at her ... "BABAY BABAY" .... you can tell Britney was. like STFU in that sweet Louisiana eye glare. 

I usually like Rosie but I don’t get wtf that was supposed to be, seemed more disrespectful than funny. 

Refreshing to see Britney say singing is her strong point. I like that WAY more than hearing her say her voice is just okay and she just likes how she feels when she sings, or that she wishes she could sing like ___ etc. You never saw other pop stars saying they wish they could dance/perform like her, so please stop selling yourself short like that. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I usually like Rosie but I don’t get wtf that was supposed to be, seemed more disrespectful than funny. 

Refreshing to see Britney say singing is her strong point. I like that WAY more than hearing her say her voice is just okay and she just likes how she feels when she sings, or that she wishes she could sing like ___ etc. You never saw other pop stars saying they wish they could dance/perform like her, so please stop selling yourself short like that. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Well, she wasn't dancing that much in that performance so I can see that. I guess earlier on, she felt she needed to prove something of herself, then later embraced the Queen she was regardless if her singing was the focus of her career. She realized once you embrace yourself completely and unequivocally, there was no need to explain the talent and genius that she was. Queen Britney 4ever! Cause 5va is too much.

1 minute ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Well, she wasn't dancing that much in that performance so I can see that. I guess earlier on, she felt she needed to prove something of herself, then later embraced the Queen she was regardless if her singing was the focus of her career. She realized once you embrace yourself completely and unequivocally, there was no need to explain the talent and genius that she was. Queen Britney 4ever! Cause 5va is too much.

I think she has a good voice and and she should take pride in it. Obviously her dancing is more low key here, but Rosie could have said something positive about her voice too. I dunno, that “babay babay” thing pissed me off and I usually like Rosie. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, websurfer22 said:

Rosie’s YouTube channel just today, a few hours ago, posted the full episode of the show. Britney performed BOMT and then sat down to be interviewed by Rosie afterwards.

I remember staying home from school and watching it live on TV at 10AM. Regrettably I didn’t have a blank VHS tape to record the episode though. Does anybody remember or know the actual day and month Britney was on the show? Rosie is just listing the Season, episode number, and year.

I looked it up and according to the wikipedia list of Britney performances it's February 9th. They reference Valentine's Day on the show.

Thanks for posting. I remember watching this. Nostalgia :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Well that was an unexpected subtle promo for Girls5evah.

Shocked Donkey Kong GIF 

Edited by DollyParton
12 hours ago, websurfer22 said:

This live vocals are so much better than POM :bouncey:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block