Early mix for Alien called "V2.8 Vocal Mix"

CJMCH

14 minutes ago, TommyX said:

V2 is early? How many versions are there? Is it like iOS? 

V 2.8 would suggest there has been there has been at least 18 other versions provided they increased incrementally and started at V1. More if they started at 0 0.1 etc

But who knows, that's the vocal mixer naming them I'm assuming.

V1.0 V 1.1 V1.2 V1.3 V1.4 V1.5 V1.6 V1.7 V1.8 V1.9
V2.0 V 2.1 etc

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

what's a pro tools folder :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

The recording sessions of the track. They surfaced yeard ago.

1 hour ago, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

If this comes from the pro tools folder then basically it's "fanmade"? Someone basically selected some vocal takes and slapped them onto some instrumental files and released it. Right? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

No, this is an actual file from the pro tools folder. All of the pro tools folders have a lot of mixes inside, but most of them get deleted before they surface to the public. Alien only had one on it but I'm sure there were a lot more on the folder before someone decided to put it out.

For example, aside from the 3 mixes that the fans did for Toxic using the rough vocal takes, the pro tools folder had an actual ruff mix with minor differences:

Make Me also has 8 mixes with G-Eazy and 8 without him, all on the pro tools folder. I think v1 from the solo mix is missing, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Benjamyn said:

V 2.8 would suggest there has been there has been at least 18 other versions provided they increased incrementally and started at V1. More if they started at 0 0.1 etc

But who knows, that's the vocal mixer naming them I'm assuming.

V1.0 V 1.1 V1.2 V1.3 V1.4 V1.5 V1.6 V1.7 V1.8 V1.9
V2.0 V 2.1 etc

Yeah, there are probably a lot more versions of this one, of course, not sure how many. I remember "MusicMafia" posted V1.3 years ago and it's cut short/a lot more rough.

https://britney-online.net/media/audios/demos/britney_jean/Alien (V1.3).mp3

Edited by CJMCH
  • Love 2

I'm in the minority here, but this song is just a mess - have always felt that way.

I think it's a technically beautiful song but the production and singing choices make it unbearable to me. Britney's voice just doesn't fit the song and it's clear that the long notes in the chorus never stood a chance.

Composition wise it's a solid song, but it needed the right artist and I honestly can't think of who it would be. Perhaps it should've stayed in the vault.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sia said:

I'm in the minority here, but this song is just a mess - have always felt that way.

I think it's a technically beautiful song but the production and singing choices make it unbearable to me. Britney's voice just doesn't fit the song and it's clear that the long notes in the chorus never stood a chance.

Composition wise it's a solid song, but it needed the right artist and I honestly can't think of who it would be. Perhaps it should've stayed in the vault.

Its a good, solid album track but not an opener or single. It would make a great track 9 on an album of good songs. 

I think basically it’s just that in the chorus a few vocal notes were changed. I’m pretty sure this is just the version that leaked a few days before the album? I remember that the chorus vocals in the leaked one back then were more natural like this? That being said natural maybe isnt the word to use since there is a whole lot of vocal correction going on here

No edit is going to change the fact that it's very poorly recorded. It sounds like they had little time to do this and it was a very very rough demo she did in a rush amid Vegas rehearshals. 

The song is not a vocal killer although she sounds like she's having a hard time singing it. She's clearly singing it for the first or second time, not really focusing on proper delivery. You can hear how different the vocals are done on Glory where she had some input and they didn't rush the album as much. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, December02 said:

I think basically it’s just that in the chorus a few vocal notes were changed. I’m pretty sure this is just the version that leaked a few days before the album? I remember that the chorus vocals in the leaked one back then were more natural like this? That being said natural maybe isnt the word to use since there is a whole lot of vocal correction going on here

The one that leaked before the album had the whisper effects at the start and the song had more tuned vocals. Here it is: 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block