Lady Gaga acknowledges ‘The Fame’ 15th Anniversary and unveils new merch

Cqleb

One of my fave eras. I’ve loved a lot of artists since Britney’s debut, but Gaga was probably the last artist I completely fan girl’d over like I was a kid again. She was just so fresh to me. I made my own Fame glasses and Disco Stick! Such a fun era! :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad::clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

**for being such a fashionista, style icon, this merch is cheap and ugly :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Obviously a fast money grab on her part

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
27 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

One of my fave eras. I’ve loved a lot of artists since Britney’s debut, but Gaga was probably the last artist I completely fan girl’d over like I was a kid again. She was just so fresh to me. I made my own Fame glasses and Disco Stick! Such a fun era! :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad::clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

**for being such a fashionista, style icon, this merch is cheap and ugly :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Obviously a fast money grab on her part

Same!

She was also the last major female popstar that was just as big as Britney.

I haven't seen another female singer rule the world like they did ever since.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Terrible merch. No anniversary edition of the album (even if it was digital only). Her lack of love for her own pop history is painful.

The amount of work she put into promoting that album was insane. I remember the album was released in Summer 2008, she had only "Just Dance" out and she was basically just another pop girl . A cute little dance single with your regular pop album with some bops.

"The Fame" was (and is) a mix of 00s pop, very Gwen Stefani mixed with some Fergie and of course the Red One bangers, the ones that defined the next 5 years in pop music. It was good with some good singles, but not GREAT.

There was a shift when she made the "Poker Face" video I think (Fall 2008), don't know if she got more money or convinced the label or what, but things changed and she started to take off. Maybe it was a labels war, cause Katy Perry (Capitol Records) was dominating that year with "I Kissed A Girl" - she was big months before Gaga - so perhaps Interscope thought "we need to push our own pop girl and get our piece of the pop market, too"? Interscope's main pop solo girl until then, Gwen Stefani, was out anyway cause the second solo album didn't do as good and she got pregnant with her second baby in early 2008, so the "pop girl" spot on Interscope was free for Gaga to take that place.

In the end she ended up convincing us all and the general public by working harder than everyone else and of course putting her own family money into the project in a time when world economy was collapsing and record companies had not been putting proper big money into promotion and videos since the early 00s. Music videos were usually cheap and simple then. But from "Poker Face" to "Alejandro" she managed to have an consistent amazing run and somehow help making music videos relevant again.

Sad that little of that pop ambition seems to be left in her nowadays... The real question is: was pop Gaga a real thing or just another one of her different personas we've seen during the recent years? Guess we'll never know.

The love that album (and "cheap" fame Gaga) holds in my heart is unreal.

She went from one latex outfit with self made screen goggles for at least 100 plus performances even in German clubs in the country to outrageously slick artsy haute couture within a year.

To ever witness another artist put so much love and blood into every performance for a whole two eras....

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block