Ariana Grande and husband Dalton Gomez have separated and are heading toward divorce

The blinds were saying he was cheating a few months ago. So if true, the separation since January seems legit. She seemed to keep her marriage very private, unlike every relationship she had prior, so it’s hard for me to care about this dude. I literally know nothing about him or his personality, but she married him for a reason. So this sucks. Just hope they both have a good support system during this all. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Im so sad for her :( she seemed genuinely happy and I was happy for her tbh. 

But, out with the old in with the new, hope she finds herself a man more suitable for her :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

And we may be graced with some good dark pop album as a result :imhere_run_excited:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Viking84 said:

Poor girl, she is really in her Britney 2007 era. Her anorexia symptoms are probably about to get even worse.

What even is this comment? What is Britney 2007 supposed to represent? Why are you stigmatizing? Since when do you have access to Ariana’s healthcare records to make a bold claim that she has anorexia? Yeah, this is not it.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 4
  • Like 4
57 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

The blinds were saying he was cheating a few months ago. So if true, the separation since January seems legit. She seemed to keep her marriage very private, unlike every relationship she had prior, so it’s hard for me to care about this dude. I literally know nothing about him or his personality, but she married him for a reason. So this sucks. Just hope they both have a good support system during this all. 

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

24 minutes ago, Gutterguppy1202 said:

what...? this is so unnecessarily cruel.

10 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

What even is this comment? What is Britney 2007 supposed to represent? Why are you stigmatizing? Since when do you have access to Ariana’s healthcare records to make a bold claim that she has anorexia? Yeah, this is not it.

1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

Gross comment. Please refrain from commenting on other’s bodies please.

Thank you! 

OK, you guys all misunderstood me. So before I get more warning points or hate. Let me explain.

Historically pretty much all of the biggest stars eventually succumb to the extreme pressure of fame. Michael Jackson, Whitney, Britney... the only real exception I can think of is Celine Dion. I think it has been obvious for quite some time that Ariana is not doing well.

Anorexia nervosa is a condition that develops usually as a result of everything else in one's environment being out of control and needing to control something. Those suffering from anorexia either do not see something wrong (they have a distorted self-perception) or they deny it. Look up Eugenia Cooney. This girl has been getting skinnier and skinnier since 2010 and she still says she is fine. By saying that a weight that is clearly very unhealthy is healthy, you are contributing to the problem. There is a difference between body-shaming and pointing out that someone is in need of help. Pretending it's body-shaming is frankly gaslighting.

I wasn't judging Ariana. I feel very sorry for her. I like her a lot and always have. She is one of my favourite artists. But anorexia needs to be called out for what it is... Pretending someone doesn't have it is enabling it. You guys should read more about it and then maybe you will know how to help better. Because pretending everything is fine does not help AT ALL.

34 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

And I just have to say, I love when you take the moral highground on issues. You use racist, transphobic and s**ist terminology and support Britney's abusers. You are the last to talk on what's "not it". 🤣

3 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

And I just have to say, I love when you take the moral highground on issues. You use racist, transphobic and s**ist terminology and support Britney's abusers. You are the last to talk on what's "not it". 🤣

Receipts? Thank you!

And I mean ACTUAL receipts and not just your false accusations or the voices talking in your head.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

Anorexia nervosa is a condition that develops usually as a result of everything anorexia needs to be called out for what it is... Pretending someone doesn't have it is enabling it. You guys should read more about it and then maybe you will know how to help better. Because pretending everything is fine does not help AT ALL.

I honestly agree. 

People have gotten so easily offended that we can't name certain things that needs to be named.

I see all these posts about people with unhealthy weight, both very skinny as very large, promoting body positivity but body positivity doesn't mean promoting bad habbits.

I think this is a dangerous perspective we are creating as unhealthy lifesyle choices should 100% not be promoted.

We don't have to praise people for being skinny and we don't have to shame people for being large whatsoever but what is happening right now is way bigger than this, it's promoting dangerous lifestyles which is NOT OKAY.

Being inclusive is not the same as accepting bad habbits and choices.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Viking84 said:

OK, you guys all misunderstood me. So before I get more warning points or hate. Let me explain.

Historically pretty much all of the biggest stars eventually succumb to the extreme pressure of fame. Michael Jackson, Whitney, Britney... the only real exception I can think of is Celine Dion. I think it has been obvious for quite some time that Ariana is not doing well.

Anorexia nervosa is a condition that develops usually as a result of everything else in one's environment being out of control and needing to control something. Those suffering from anorexia either do not see something wrong (they have a distorted self-perception) or they deny it. Look up Eugenia Cooney. This girl has been getting skinnier and skinnier since 2010 and she still says she is fine. By saying that a weight that is clearly very unhealthy is healthy, you are contributing to the problem. There is a difference between body-shaming and pointing out that someone is in need of help. Pretending it's body-shaming is frankly gaslighting.

I wasn't judging Ariana. I feel very sorry for her. I like her a lot and always have. She is one of my favourite artists. But anorexia needs to be called out for what it is... Pretending someone doesn't have it is enabling it. You guys should read more about it and then maybe you will know how to help better. Because pretending everything is fine does not help AT ALL.

And yet you still haven’t learned from your mistakes. I suggest you stop using mislabels and armchair diagnosing others that you don’t know. If Britney shows signs of depression or bipolar, it is not my responsibility or business to diagnose her with anything. If Ariana is looking thin, it isn’t my responsibility or business to diagnose her with anorexia. A public figure’s body is NOT and should NOT be our business to discuss and write a thesis on. We are in 2023, not the early 2000s where I hope we as a society have progressed to feel the need to blindly mislabel or misdiagnose celebrities without consent.  That’s also not to mention that Ariana herself went live to talk about how inappropriate and invasive the comments about others judging her body felt. By doing just that, you’re feeding into the exact opposite of what she was preaching and succumbing to how the media mistreats our public figures as if it’s the 2000s all over again. Please strive to do better than to armchair diagnose someone based on judgement alone. In the words of Ariana: “If you think you’re saying something good or well-intentioned, whatever it is—healthy, unhealthy, big, small, this, that, ****, not ****—we just shouldn’t. We should really work toward not doing that as much.” Commenting on people’s bodies is not it and I would expect better from someone who is your age. Again, do better.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Viking84 said:

I don't follow Ariana too closely but I remember she made a video discussing the comments about her weight and how they made her feel (she didn't like it). That being said, it is not our jobs as nobodies on public forum to diagnose or call out things we may perceive as mental illness. As I said, your comment was unnecessarily cruel and offensive. You don't know Ariana personally and you don't know how she's going to take her divorce. Additionally, comparing a low point in Britney's life to what Ariana is going through is just beyond callous. What occurred to Britney in 2007 is not a joke and shouldn't be used as a metric to compare celebrities' lowest point in their life. 

• Like 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block