Britney addresses the assault by Victor Wembanyama’s security guard

I’m horrified this happened to her. Security guards are known to be violent to protect whoever they're protecting. But you want to tell me there was no way to handle this situation any other way? that’s vile. and here's a reminder that mentally ill people become victims of abuse very often and the way this gets treated by media is disgusting. I’m glad Britney spoke up about this, I hope she's feeling at least a little better by now, I can’t imagine how traumatic this must have been.

And the "fans" who swarmed her during that same night are disgusting, too. no sense for privacy and a complete disregard of her personal space and safety. don’t mob people. it's that easy. 

12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

That's kind of an insensitive comment, don't you think?

She's talking about an ASSAULT and you're talking about how its not her who wrote this cause its serious and not full of emojis like usual.

YES I'm aware of how she usually types but this isn't the time or place to comment like that cause it comes off as insensitive and making light of her statement.

She's made serious allegations about being abused by her own family members and for the most part those allegations have been barely coherent and riddled with emojis and random punctuation.  Quite different from this statement. 

57 minutes ago, handmedown said:

She's made serious allegations about being abused by her own family members and for the most part those allegations have been barely coherent and riddled with emojis and random punctuation.  Quite different from this statement. 

It is extremely obvious that she wrote this statement, those other posts that she makes serve a different purpose :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Tbh even if she had help from someone working in PR to write her statement... THAT IS EXACTLY HOW A CELEBRITY SHOULD HANDLE A SITUATION LIKE THIS

That's literally what PR people are for... and Wemby should 1000000% have gotten advice from someone before he spoke out about the situation. I get he's young and dumb, but he should have still acknowledged that what happened was not okay regardless of it being Britney or not. I'd hate to see how regular folk fans are treated

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

Tbh even if she had help from someone working in PR to write her statement... THAT IS EXACTLY HOW A CELEBRITY SHOULD HANDLE A SITUATION LIKE THIS

That's literally what PR people are for... and Wemby should 1000000% have gotten advice from someone before he spoke out about the situation. I get he's young and dumb, but he should have still acknowledged that what happened was not okay regardless of it being Britney or not. I'd hate to see how regular folk fans are treated

I completely agree with you!  He needed to consult proper PR.  His statement to me said "mysogyny is alive and tolerated by my team".  Uff now that is going to be hard to come back from

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, handmedown said:

Well I'm not sure why she wrote both statements differently but I just was saying that your comment maybe interpreted as insensitive.

Regardless how many emojis she used in her statements about her family's abuse, it doesn't mean she's any less serious than in this statement.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block