Leigh-Anne debuts at #11 with debut single in the UK

Slayer

Update: Leigh-Anne's debut single charted at #11

--------

In today's first look Leigh-Anne is currently set to chart at #3 in the UK on Friday.

However, it is possible she may drop to the lower end of the Top 10 or out of it if her streams do not pick up. 

Leigh-Anne is currently facing issues with streaming as it fell out of the Spotify Top 200 UK on its 2nd day, so her team need to focus on playlisting.

Leigh-Anne's former bandmate, Jesy Nelson charted at #4 in the UK with BOYZ in 2021. Twitter is rife with Jesy/Nicki Minaj fans v Leigh-Anne fans, hopefully they let it go.

'Don't Say Love' first day streams: 565,380

'BOYZ' first day streams: 1.2 million

Hoping Leigh-Anne can hold Top 10!

Edited by Slayer
  • Love 5
  • Like 1

I've grown to really like this song but I see it being in that category of just " another dance act" I feel like the market is flooded with those so I think she needs to do something to really stand out vocally. I'm really excited for Perry's record and I think the general public is going to throw their money towards her way out of those last three members. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, AII said:

I've grown to really like this song but I see it being in that category of just " another dance act" I feel like the market is flooded with those so I think she needs to do something to really stand out vocally. I'm really excited for Perry's record and I think the general public is going to throw their money towards her way out of those last three members. 

I think the idea between LM at the beginning was something to launch Perrie but after ten years, I hope each girl succeed. Leigh Anne's single is pretty radio-friendly she might killed her first solo era

• Love 1

i'm happy for Leigh-Anne, she deserves success. All LM girls deserve to have successful solo projects. Hope her song have longevity and don't disappear in its 2 week :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

As for those BOYZ comparisons, don't forget Jesy's very first song was supported by an A list artist. More so, Nicki whose fan base is very loyal, therefore, reach of the song and its numbers in its first week were obviously higher. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: Dunno what Twitter trolls have difficulties to understand. All the girls deserve the very best.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:57 PM, AII said:

On 6/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, Midnight said:

I hope it picks up. I really wanna hear that second single.

On 6/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, Style. In Moscow said:

Enough time has passed DSL > BOYZ :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

On 6/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, itswwasheem***** said:

We love a supportive queen GIF by Smallzy

On 6/19/2023 at 4:59 PM, BlackoutITZ said:

Boyz was always going to have a stronger start as it had Nicki's fans support also. I can see Don't Say Love being a slow burner and having more longevity though.

On 6/19/2023 at 6:26 PM, Groundbreaking said:

i'm happy for Leigh-Anne, she deserves success. All LM girls deserve to have successful solo projects. Hope her song have longevity and don't disappear in its 2 week :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

As for those BOYZ comparisons, don't forget Jesy's very first song was supported by an A list artist. More so, Nicki whose fan base is very loyal, therefore, reach of the song and its numbers in its first week were obviously higher. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: Dunno what Twitter trolls have difficulties to understand. All the girls deserve the very best.

On 6/19/2023 at 5:38 PM, MasterMindz said:

The song is as basic as it gets especially since Leigh has awesome vocals. I enjoyed Boyz more tbh. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

So it debuted at #11 instead of #3 and is predicted to make a big drop next week :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Oh Leigh, hopefully her team have something up their sleeves as streams are letting it down a lot!

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Slayer said:

So it debuted at #11 instead of #3 and is predicted to make a big drop next week :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Oh Leigh, hopefully her team have something up their sleeves as streams are letting it down a lot!

I didn’t see this coming because the song is a bop. It’s been on repeat since then. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

15 minutes ago, Style. In Moscow said:

I didn’t see this coming because the song is a bop. It’s been on repeat since then. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Stream BOYZ and Bad Thing too :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

DSL is a bop, it seems it was the CDs that carried the song as the streams have been low. If there were no CDs it would have charted around 30-40.

Jeez, I remember back in the day when Spice Girlies went solo they were all popping out solo hits for at least 1 or 2 albums then... it stopped. But LM don't seem to be striking as much gold with their solo singles. I guess maybe the magic happens when they're together. Reunion Tour in 4/5 years probably.   I do think Perrie is the one to watch though out of everyone. 

40 minutes ago, MomOfTheYear said:

Jeez, I remember back in the day when Spice Girlies went solo they were all popping out solo hits for at least 1 or 2 albums then... it stopped. But LM don't seem to be striking as much gold with their solo singles. I guess maybe the magic happens when they're together. Reunion Tour in 4/5 years probably.   I do think Perrie is the one to watch though out of everyone. 

The highest debuts from ex girl group members:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block