Plastik: "It's Jocelyn, btch"

Captura-de-pantalla-2023-06-05-a-la-s-16

Navigating the screen with a perfect nuance of ingenue and femme fatale, offering some modern-day homages to screen legends such as Brigitte Bardot & Mireille Darc, Lily-Rose Depp is perfectly cast as pop princess du jour Jocelyn in HBO’s new show ‘The Idol’, referencing iconic pop royalty Britney Spears. After quite an interesting start at the Cannes Film Festival and following mixed reviews, A24’s latest hot drop finally premiered, and it’s a ****, stylized take on the music industry through the eyes of a troubled pop star and America’s obsession with s** yet current disdain for nudity, even if it is at the expense of the agency of those who choose to offer it while reclaiming body autonomy. The show’s production had already been plagued with some problems, from clashes with Rolling Stone to reports of some s**-related film choices to original series director Amy Seimetz being relieved of her position by HBO in favor of studio’s favorite Sam Levinson. However, this was not HBO’s first time doing that: remember when Andrea Arnold was replaced with another studio favorite, the late Jean-Marc Vallée on season 2 of Big Little Lies to keep the original feel of season 1? ‘The Idol’ season 1 episode 1 is now streaming on max.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtHbtD3rnUf/

Edited by Antidote
  • Love 1

Britney was s.exy in a classy way when in her prime. She wasn't that vulgar trashy like Jocelyn in the show. Ok yeah currentney may act like m.i.l.f p.o.r.n star in İnstagram sometimes.But before cship she wasn't like that.  Jocelyn lost her mother but Britney lost everything including her freedom. So they shouldn't fully compare Britney to her character.

I just watched first episode and Abel can't act at all.  He should stick to his Weeknd the singer ego. He is better actor when he plays his singer persona.

I hope they will release Gimme more remix officially. At the end of the day free promo for Britney.

Edited by Dreamer26
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pirre said:

I really need to know what Britney's real connection to this is. The quote that she filmed a movie and than the picture with the weekend. I refuse to believe that there's nothing going to happen 😌

I agree. Even if it’s just that she was involved in the initial writing stages for her input, I’d like to know what she was involved in. 

Did anyone actually watch the show? I found the parallels between Britney and her story so interesting. Yes, the show was seemed like a typical hyper***ualized overly dramatized series but I enjoyed it for what it was. It was interesting to see something like Britney’s story play out on the screen like this. At this point all we’ve had is Britney Ever After in terms of a movie/TV series. Even if it is just inspired by her, I’m really intrigued by the way this show will play out. I liked it! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block