Now that we got clues about (pre) FF, will we get a final reason for BJ being trash?

49 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Ok, but there are a couple of songs that are 100% Myah, no comping, including work *****

Alien is the most obvious example of comping between Myah and Britney though

When listening to Work *****, I perceive a dominant presence of Myah's vocals, accounting for around 90% of the track, with Britney's vocals being just 10%.

Britney's vocals have been buried under multiple layers of Auto-Tune, Melodyne, and various vocal takes from Myah.

Give the lead vocal stem a listen; you'll notice that it's far from a standard lead vocal track. Instead, there are three or four vocal takes playing simultaneously. I believe Brit's voice is there but very low volume. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cyberia said:

They basically do this with every pop record but the difference here is that Brtney Jean had two singers instead of one, it's a weird case really. Look up vocal comping on google or watch a youtube video you will understand better, it's kinda hard to explain 

You're right and Britney even commented on how Max Martin would have her do endless takes to to create the perfect vocal. I do agree that the tracks contain Britney vocals to some degree even if they're deeper and much more sparse in some parts of the tracks and even absent in others. Even tracks like Body Ache and Chillin with Lou have parts of Britney vocals stitched in even if more fleeting.

The difference with Britney Jean's comping is having less good takes to work with which caused more processing for correction and even switching between Britney and Myah to get the take the producer wanted. Also having a less experienced vocal producer and likely a much smaller budget means lower quality work than what was done on FF even with similar styles.

27 minutes ago, Cyberia said:

When listening to Work *****, I perceive a dominant presence of Myah's vocals, accounting for around 90% of the track, with Britney's vocals being just 10%.

Britney's vocals have been buried under multiple layers of Auto-Tune, Melodyne, and various vocal takes from Myah.

Give the lead vocal stem a listen; you'll notice that it's far from a standard lead vocal track. Instead, there are three or four vocal takes playing simultaneously. I believe Brit's voice is there but very low volume. 

This is really prevalent for most of the album, especially on choruses. It's also really strange when there's singular breathing/beginning syllables, vocal fry, layered in on top of several vocals (and processing) making up what should be a lead vocal. Brightest Morning Star's chorus is a good example even leaving the backing harmonies out of the conversation.

Edited by Gaydar
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cyberia said:

What's sad too is this is the on y video Britney liked during her C Ship. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Cyberia said:

No. It's just extreme vocal comping.

Vocal comping is a technique used to create a flawless vocal track by selecting the best parts from multiple takes of a singer's performance and combining them into a single, perfect vocal performances. In this particular instance, both Britney and Myah's recordings were utilized, with the finest syllables from each being combined to form a "single voice".

Upon careful listening to the songs through headphones, I am convinced that Britney has provided vocals for all of the songs. Although Myah's vocals are present, Britney's voice can still be distinguished underneath them.

It appears that the vocals have undergone extensive editing, and processing, resulting in a combination of Britney and Myah's voices to form a singular voice. It's both of their voices mixed/blended together to create one single vocal. 

Exactly this. Femme Fatale was the same way too

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I swear y'all are obsessed. There's no album of Britney that is as discussed as this, for almost 10 years straight

So stop pretending you hate it and continue to

ezgif-1-d1d11e52ed.gif

hahaha gurl BIG NO. I won't stream a piece of **** Britney even didn't acknowledge nor like it. Also won't steam a project where they wanted to fool us at max. Have some guts to stay on the right side. Stream all the others, even Femme Faketale if you want, but Myah Jean? BIG NO.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I would love for britney to remake the songs, refresh the vocals,  and mix them to how she likes. Would be a twisted way of retaking what they took from her. 

Hopefully she's in control of her music and property again, a lot of us are itching to show her we still care for her in that way. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, jokobish said:

I’m sorry but the saddest thing to me about all of Britney Jean, is what Anthony Preston said last year about his conversations with Britney.. so sad.

Was it the “hold on tight” situation? That was sad AF. Hold on tight is actually one of my favorite songs of her. THAT track is probably the only personal song on the album. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Gaydar said:

The difference with Britney Jean's comping is having less good takes to work with which caused more processing for correction and even switching between Britney and Myah to get the take the producer wanted. Also having a less experienced vocal producer and likely a much smaller budget means lower quality work than what was done on FF even with similar styles. This is really prevalent for most of the album, especially on choruses. It's also really strange when there's singular breathing/beginning syllables, vocal fry, layered in on top of several vocals (and processing) making up what should be a lead vocal. Brightest Morning Star's chorus is a good example even leaving the backing harmonies out of the conversation.

Yes, I do believe that's what happened. It's likely that Britney had limited time to learn/record the songs, leading to rushed or incomplete recording sessions.

On the other hand, it's also possible that the sound engineers found Britney's initial vocal takes unusable, prompting them to rely heavily on Myah's demo vocals for the final product

Or maybe it's just an artistic choice and was made on purpose? Idk

It's annoying that no producers or sound engineers from the album have ever spoken about it, and I hope that one day we will know the truth.

Edited by Cyberia
  • Love 2

You can't do a "personal" album for an artist while they are not allowed to speak about how they feel and the bad situation they are in, be creative and then also let someone else record for them.

Aside from the "very personal" idea there was no direction, no theme, no cohesiveness, no good writers, no good producer and  - with James in charge - probably very limited budget.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Cyberia said:

I don't, I don't hear Britney at all

If you hear Britney in the background then that's a different situation than Alien

• Love 2
15 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

hahaha gurl BIG NO. I won't stream a piece of **** Britney even didn't acknowledge nor like it. Also won't steam a project where they wanted to fool us at max. Have some guts to stay on the right side. Stream all the others, even Femme Faketale if you want, but Myah Jean? BIG NO.

:yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block