abusive / homophobic parents 😭

aoki.loid

first of all, big hugs and try to stay strong

second: f.u.ck them... if you have the possibility of living by your own, do that, go with a friend, seek support from them ones who really loves and cares about you.

Let the time go... if they really care about you they will show up, if not, I recommend you to cut that relationship (yeah, kinda cut straight) but from experience, it is way toxic for you to try to save and try to keep a relationship with people who are not supportive and also bad to you.

• Love 1

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through such a difficult experience. It takes a lot of courage to come out to one's parents, especially when there is a history of abuse. It's understandable that you had hoped to fix your relationship with them, but their negative response was not your fault and you deserve to be treated with respect and acceptance.

In terms of what to do next, it's important to prioritize your own well-being and safety. If you feel unsafe or in danger, it may be necessary to distance yourself from your parents and seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor or therapist. It's also important to remember that you are not alone, and there are many resources available to help you navigate this difficult time.

If you feel comfortable doing so, you may also want to consider reaching out to organizations that provide support for individuals who have been disowned or rejected by their families due to their ***ual orientation or gender identity. These organizations can provide you with a sense of community and help you access resources for emotional support, housing, and other needs.

Remember that your worth and value as a person are not determined by your parents' response. You deserve love, acceptance, and support, and there are people and resources available to help you find those things.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Henry. said:

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through such a difficult experience. It takes a lot of courage to come out to one's parents, especially when there is a history of abuse. It's understandable that you had hoped to fix your relationship with them, but their negative response was not your fault and you deserve to be treated with respect and acceptance.

In terms of what to do next, it's important to prioritize your own well-being and safety. If you feel unsafe or in danger, it may be necessary to distance yourself from your parents and seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor or therapist. It's also important to remember that you are not alone, and there are many resources available to help you navigate this difficult time.

If you feel comfortable doing so, you may also want to consider reaching out to organizations that provide support for individuals who have been disowned or rejected by their families due to their ***ual orientation or gender identity. These organizations can provide you with a sense of community and help you access resources for emotional support, housing, and other needs.

Remember that your worth and value as a person are not determined by your parents' response. You deserve love, acceptance, and support, and there are people and resources available to help you find those things.

Omfg- your good girl era 

43 minutes ago, aoki.loid said:

hi exhale, i met with my parents 2day & came out 2 them 😭

they were previously abusive, but i hoped 2 fix our relationship 

they basically said that i’m stupid, cussed me out, & basically disowned me 

what do i do exhale 🤭

You deserve so much love and so much support. While it’s obvious? I’m not out to mine so I can understand the fear of being rejected. You deserve the world and so much more than that

As someone who has dealt with similar experiences, (The abuse not coming out). I will say that you should try to escape the situation as quickly as possible. Giving someone multiple chances is rare and for them to keep continuing shows that it is over. Best wishes and empathy to you. 

(P.S. I never mentioned but I love your PFP Tamaki Senpai. Hopefully, that was not cringy and you know what I'm referring to. :) )

8 hours ago, PrinceRainMK3 said:

As someone who has dealt with similar experiences, (The abuse not coming out). I will say that you should try to escape the situation as quickly as possible. Giving someone multiple chances is rare and for them to keep continuing shows that it is over. Best wishes and empathy to you. 

(P.S. I never mentioned but I love your PFP Tamaki Senpai. Hopefully, that was not cringy and you know what I'm referring to. :) )

thank u :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

i love the ouran host club 2 :bouncey:

On 2/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, Henry. said:

Definitely echoing this. You should know you are loved and appreciated, and there is nothing wrong with who you are as a person and individual. If parents cannot be the family you need, your friends and people you meet who are loyal and kind, can be the family you need. Perhaps they'll eventually come around, but all you can control in that situation is how you as an individual reacts to the situation. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block