The Official Rihanna Super Bowl Halftime Show Thread

GlitterRain
Message added by Jordan Miller,

3 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I loved the stage, song choices and absolutely flawless live singing. 
Reading all these comments people have unreal expectations. We are used to an absolute athletic type of performances but it’s not for every artist. I love how Rihanna did it on her own terms.

Come on there are about 200 dancers around you and you give zero energy because you think you're too cool for that...

1 minute ago, pieceofphil said:

Come on there are about 200 dancers around you and you give zero energy because you think you're too cool for that...

Well looking at it again it does seem like she isn’t happy being there or anything. 
But I still think it’s a good performance on her part. She came to sing and sang great. I just wasn’t the type of “show show” that we typically expect from female pop singers at the SB (or even in general). 

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Pregnancy is not a disease or a disability. Rihanna just stood there most of the time.  There are women who run marathons while pregnant and her standing and moving minimally us supposed to impress me? 

side-view-of-pregnant-female-athlete-lif

ballerina-tells-pregnancy-story-through-

pregnantpostpartumathlete_product.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-05-29-at-4.30.15-PM.png

Are you a woman or gay man? Because this is a typical gay man response…

rihanna standing on those suspended platforms was a complete risk while pregnant so be less harsh, I encountered a pregnant women today with a small bump who could barely walk so don’t be a bigot and compare pregnant women…

With all that said it was a lackluster performance not because she was pregnant but because Rihanna has never been known to perform 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I'm surprised people are so disappointed, Rihanna was never a strong performer literally compare this to any of her award show performances and they are the same, regardless of her pregnancy. She has all the hits but no stage skills to carry it :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

she had better attitude and energy here

Lol so I have a very hard time getting out of bed every morning, thus I was super excited Rihanna was gonna help me this morning, as I'm living in Germany. My alarm got off, I immediately searched for the performance on YouTube and fell right back to sleep after a few minutes :dead_falling_wig_dying:l

Edited by balticbitch
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

She did good all things considering.

Surprised she did this so soon after having a baby. Let alone while being pregnant with baby number 2. I don’t think children should hold women back, but it’s surprising that of all the time Rihanna has taken off from music, she chooses now to do a big performance like this lol. 

I genuinely believe it was a gift to her fans and a good bye. I don’t see her returning back for a long time! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.