P!NK releases TRUSTFALL music video

I find her career fascinating:

1) started off as this bad a*s rocker anti pop chick (eg just like a pill) 

2) is very talented - vocally & performance wise 

3) is still pulling in huge numbers in sales, touring and radio yet I don’t know anybody who listens to her (must be a much older crowd) 

4) has become like a Kelly Clarkon, mature radio powerhouse 

what?? Super interesting 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, car said:

3) is still pulling in huge numbers in sales, touring and radio yet I don’t know anybody who listens to her (must be a much older crowd) 

what?? Super interesting 

Lol could be, she's still doing stadium shows. I'm seeing her at Wrigley Field. Perhaps the experience of her live concerts surpass anything else 

13 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Lol could be, she's still doing stadium shows. I'm seeing her at Wrigley Field. Perhaps the experience of her live concerts surpass anything else 

or it's the weight of her legacy. 

I see it like, people like her, Kylie Minogue, maybe even Avril Lavigne can give themselves the luxury of experimenting with different stuff, because even if the new material isn't that popular among their fans, the old hits will always be there and the fans will appreciate it anyways. 

I see how some people that liked Pink because of songs like Just like a Pill, Don't Let Me Get Me, So What, etc, may not be into this new stuff she's putting out, but at the same time people would be bashing her if in her 40s she was still singing or doing the same stuff she was doing in her 20s, because that would mean she didn't grow up a bit. 

As I said, in the end she can still perform the old hits for nostalgia sake, so they're not going anywhere, but can show a new side through her new music too. 

3 hours ago, car said:

what?? Super interesting 

Forgot to mention her r&b/pop era during her first album. She had bops like there you go, most girls and you make me sick. She got played on BET and charted on the r&b/hip hop charts during that time 

8 hours ago, MidnightCity19 said:

Forgot to mention her r&b/pop era during her first album. She had bops like there you go, most girls and you make me sick. She got played on BET and charted on the r&b/hip hop charts during that time 

You’re so right! I totally forgot about that! It’s just so crazy that she’s gone from BET to mature radio (but still is so big!) 

• Love 1

The thing with p!nk is that her music, like Taylor, always reflects her life states (even those bad ones).
So when she's a raging teenager we got good raging teenager album (missundaztood), when she's flopping we got good feisty album (I'm not dead).

But as a artist, you will eventually run out of source of experiences, or al least the ones that people will relate to. 
Like Adele, quote: scrapped the original 25, a album about being a mother, because she think that's "too boring" and ran out of ideas before finally finished the album later.

Taylor, on the other hand, after ran out of ideas (at least new idea) on Lovers, fabricated the 2 new ones, rework 2 old ones and finally find "insecurity" as a new connection point for her audience.

Back to P!nk herself, after happily married (again), having her own children and finding out The Truth About Love (no pun intended, but it's a great album, you should try it), her character arc seems to complete and stuck at Big sister that gives a pep talk.
The first 2 singles are not musically bad, but it's content are not inspiring or exciting either.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block