CONGRATULATIONS: Britney Spears is now the only female artist to have different songs charting at least 20 weeks on Billboard Hot 100 during each of the last 4 decades!

3 hours ago, Dama Etro said:

Which Mariah song released in the 2020s charted for 20 weeks? Or is this any song released? Then probably the christmas song I guess. 

Yes it's her All I Want for Christmas Is You (35 weeks in 2010s and 22 weeks in 2020s) 

So basically Britney is the only female artist to have different songs charting 20 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100 during each of four decades!

Let me edit the thread title!

1 hour ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Yes it's 54 this week, it's going recurrent due to the 50/20 rule. 

If a song has charted for 20 weeks and charts below #50 any week after the 20th week, it will be deemed recurrent and will leave the chart

But if we make it #50 this week, it will stay right?:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

46 minutes ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

What does going recurrent mean?

Going recurrent means the song will be removed from the current Hot 100 chart and will be placed in the recurrent chart (Hot 100 Recurrents)  https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-singles-recurrents/

The song still can re-enter Hot 100 after moving to recurrent status if it garners enough chart points (higher than the 50ish ranking songs). It’s really difficult to re-enter the Hot 100 and compete with many newer songs generating hefty radio airplay and streaming figures. It will need an extra 2K sales possible+ 6M AI possible + 2M US streams ( needs an MV or big playlist adds ) just for 1-2-3 weeks reentering BB Hot 100. The labels wouldn't spend....

Edited by TOUCHMEANGEL

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block