How come we don't talk about Halsey enough?

I find her quite pretentious and annoying honestly. Definition of a pick me girl.

That said If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power was one of my favorite projects from 2021. I saw the film in imax and it was a great experience (much better than k-12). If she continues to do music like that and make amazing visuals to accompany them I’ll continue to watch her.

I agree with a lot of people that say she doesn’t know who she is as an artist, and that all the random collabs don’t help with that. She’s very adamant about the “alternative” label so I’d like to see her lean into that and not worry about being a main pop girl as much. I think she has a better shot at longevity doing that.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, Bo da toe said:

I find her quite pretentious and annoying honestly. Definition of a pick me girl.

That said If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power was one of my favorite projects from 2021. I saw the film in imax and it was a great experience (much better than k-12). If she continues to do music like that and make amazing visuals to accompany them I’ll continue to watch her.

I agree with a lot of people that say she doesn’t know who she is as an artist, and that all the random collabs don’t help with that. She’s very adamant about the “alternative” label so I’d like to see her lean into that and not worry about being a main pop girl as much. I think she has a better shot at longevity doing that.

Do any artists today know who.they are.

3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But she owns the masters. That's makes it harder especially when it's a distribution deal for physical only. 

I feel the one thing that doesn't get discussed is music died when it became brand instead of the artist

True I forget she has a different contract than most artists in majors. Impressive tho.

I feel like you’re right about that. However I think some artists can pull of being knows as a brand (Madonna, Britney, Michael, ect) and others really struggle to find their brand so they just throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. I don’t think every artist needs a brand, or that a “brand” has to be so cookie cutter. But yeah the major labels are more infested in the money a brand makes rather than music because music doesn’t sell.

Spoiler

On another note it’s absolutely WILD to me people think music should be free.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block