Was the Vma’s 2007 performance supposed to be bad?

if you compare both rehearsals video With the live performance, you can see there a very few differences. Her energy and choreography is basically the same in each one. In the upper right with the ponytail she does seem to have a little bit more spark to her as she does the choreography but nonetheless it’s not noticeable enough to say Britney was just going through the motions during the live performance or was hungover. That was exactly how she wanted to do it! She wanted to give mtv NOTHING but make them want MOAR! 

the choreography isn’t the best by any means compared to Britney’s older vmas performances but seeing the choreographers version on the left you definitely see it was supposed to be more energetic but clearly that’s not the performance Britney  wanted to give

now I’m ignoring the crisis angels, hair, and extra body weight Sabotage mtv most likely did cause and maybe they did it on purpose to get back at Britney for not giving them more. “Oh she thinks she just gonna show us who’s boss oh will show her…” who knows but that’s my conspiracy :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

And even the fact that Britney was out partying the night before kinda proves that Britney basically never cared about this performance, it meant nothing to her she knew she was that GIRL regardless, and people we’re gonna criticize her regardless, she wasn’t gonna let the media WIN and pressure her into giving an amazing performance

Truly Iconic giving that rock star energy!

Edited by 3IsACharm33
2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

we been known for years something upset her right before the actual performance

the rumors' of it having magic were way before it happened, not after the fact.

That’s a rumor as well tho we never heard that from Britney’s mouth.

and regardless of that she still gave the same performance 3 different times, get what I’m saying?

• Like 1

To me it was one of her best performances ever, much better than a few ones of her tours and really much better than a lot of artists out there.

She danced really well that night and she was really beautiful. People seems like thy don't know what a fat person look like, because Britney wasn't fat at all and even if she was really fat, that wouldn't make the perfomance get worse.

Ppl saying this performance (specifically the choreo and staging) wasn't good. Ummm i promise yall cant see past the "lazy" demeanor, last min outfit change & disheveled hair & she was clearly nervous, upset etc. I never disliked it tbh, never saw the hate but it def looks underproduced and a lot of the performance plans fell threw. The Cris Angel thing wasn't a rumor, he himself said he was suppose to be involved. 

I think if she had a diff outfit, hair, make up, NO contacts. A clear head w/o stress this would have been a special performance. She would have given Dita Von Tesse in the performance. 

My only real critique is the arrangement. She shoulda had a band, there could have been a better extended intro to gimme more and the break down shoulda been left alone and been highlighted as a moment.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

To me it was one of her best performances ever, much better than a few ones of her tours and really much better than a lot of artists out there.

She danced really well that night and she was really beautiful. People seems like thy don't know what a fat person look like, because Britney wasn't fat at all and even if she was really fat, that wouldn't make the perfomance get worse.

She wasn’t fat mtv used a wide lens that night and added pounds to her u can see it in the rehearsal video that she’s way more toned

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Mr. AmericanDream said:

Ppl saying this performance (specifically the choreo and staging) wasn't good. Ummm i promise yall cant see past the "lazy" demeanor, last min outfit change & disheveled hair & she was clearly nervous, upset etc. I never disliked it tbh, never saw the hate but it def looks underproduced and a lot of the performance plans fell threw. The Cris Angel thing wasn't a rumor, he himself said he was suppose to be involved. 

I think if she had a diff outfit, hair, make up, NO contacts. A clear head w/o stress this would have been a special performance. She would have given Dita Von Tesse in the performance. 

My only real critique is the arrangement. She shoulda had a band, there could have been a better extended intro to gimme more and the break down shoulda been left alone and been highlighted as a moment.

When I said it was a rumor I was referring to her being upset before the show 

• Like 1

I don't think the performance was deliberately meant to be bad, but they didn't help her: hair was a mess, a different outfit maybe would have made her feel more confident body wise (in no way am I saying she was fat, but she was heavier than usual and Britney has always cared about her body), different shoes would have helped her move across the stage better, etc. And then Britney herself was not feeling it and it was very noticeable. 

Are you saying she purposefully self sabotaged herself and her legacy as a performer? :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:
Either way, good or bad, she was the most talked about that night without doing much at all. After years of snubbing her for iconic videos, she gave them just what they deserved: NOTHING.

Edited by Emil87
2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Are you saying she purposefully self sabotaged herself and her legacy as a performer? :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:
Either way, good or bad, she was the most talked about that night without doing much at all. After years of snubbing her for iconic videos, she gave them just what they deserved: NOTHING.

That’s exactly what I’m saying as a slap in the face to the industry! Everyone always said she was hungover during this performance but looking at the rehearsal you can clearly see that’s how she always planned to perform it

im not talking about mtvs sabotage I’m talking about Britney’s contribution only

1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

I don’t understand people saying Britney showed MTV. MTV still got the ratings and the publicity, and Britney was the one scrutinized for it. So if she wanted to sabotage mtv, it backfired, cause unfortunately she came out looking bad, not MTV.

Did it really matter to Britney if she looked bad tho? She had already shaved her head months prior. Her image was already at rock bottom she was probably like “what’s the damage?”

based off the rehearsals it doesn’t seem like she was trying to redeem herself at all, just my opinion 

Edited by 3IsACharm33
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block