Have you got much time off over the Christmas holidays?

Slayer

4 days with today's economy can anybody and businesses afford to be closed..

The only thing that's legal in the states is the closing of schools for two weeks, that's the vacation.  

But I learned my friend is scheduled to work Christmas it's because it's a buffet and the bosses are witnesses so they don't celebrate the holiday like everybody else. 

I haven't had proper vacations, especially in winter, since 2016 :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: Well, proper vacations for me it's more than 1 week.

My old job they wouldn't let us take more than 3 or 4 days in a row, even if you had more PTO days available. So in 2017 when I went to Vegas to see Britney, I took Wednesday - Friday, plus Monday, to have the weekend in between and at least a couple of days to kind of recover.

Then in 2019 I took another "long" vacation from Tuesday to Friday, but I had to be back to work on Monday :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: The worst one was my last vacation days in 2019 as well, when I got the new Pokémon game lol I also took 4 days, then that Friday they were calling me all day from office, and then THEY MADE ME GO TO THE OFFICE ON SATURDAY! That was the last straw.

By January I was already quitting, I got a new job by February, and by March, COVID pandemic!! :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: So I've been working from home ever since, but my vacation days restarted, so I had to wait until 2021 to get the immeasurable amount of SIX days off :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

Here they don't care if you take all of them together, but they're so few that I need to space them throughout the year, so I take a few around my birthday in June, then I leave at least one or two for another time in the year. This year I got 8 days, and I already used 5 in June.

It sounds ridiculous but the main reason why I haven't changed jobs it's because my vacation days would restart. Here in Mexico you have to work at least 1 full year in the same company to get your first 6 days, then they add 2 days every year until you reach 20 or something like that. I wish this was based on your working years instead and not by the time on each specific company. There's apparently a new law they want to approve where the days will be doubled, so you'll start with 12 days since year 1, then 14 and so on, but I'm not sure when it'll start being valid.

At least at my current job they'll give us the 23rd and 26th off, then the 30th and 2nd, and I'm taking the 22nd as PTO so I'll have that.

Is there any billionaire that wants to take care of me? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search: I can't keep like this until my 60s :dead_falling_wig_dying:

• Love 2

And yeah Christmas weekend and New years is on the weekend  

He'll most gays are in the dilemma of their..

Be a good boy on Sunday, or get railed on Saturday at the nye ****. And take the Sunday and Monday to recover 

So it's a big dilemma for some, one friend Said he planned the pass the bottom party two months already, has to cancel Christmas,  not his fault the calendar led to this decision. 

But hotel's booked, he rather cancel Christmas cos he's been two month celebate  to celebrate like a raining fountain  

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I haven't had proper vacations, especially in winter, since 2016 :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: Well, proper vacations for me it's more than 1 week.

My old job they wouldn't let us take more than 3 or 4 days in a row, even if you had more PTO days available. So in 2017 when I went to Vegas to see Britney, I took Wednesday - Friday, plus Monday, to have the weekend in between and at least a couple of days to kind of recover.

Then in 2019 I took another "long" vacation from Tuesday to Friday, but I had to be back to work on Monday :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: The worst one was my last vacation days in 2019 as well, when I got the new Pokémon game lol I also took 4 days, then that Friday they were calling me all day from office, and then THEY MADE ME GO TO THE OFFICE ON SATURDAY! That was the last straw.

By January I was already quitting, I got a new job by February, and by March, COVID pandemic!! :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: So I've been working from home ever since, but my vacation days restarted, so I had to wait until 2021 to get the immeasurable amount of SIX days off :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

Here they don't care if you take all of them together, but they're so few that I need to space them throughout the year, so I take a few around my birthday in June, then I leave at least one or two for another time in the year. This year I got 8 days, and I already used 5 in June.

It sounds ridiculous but the main reason why I haven't changed jobs it's because my vacation days would restart. Here in Mexico you have to work at least 1 full year in the same company to get your first 6 days, then they add 2 days every year until you reach 20 or something like that. I wish this was based on your working years instead and not by the time on each specific company. There's apparently a new law they want to approve where the days will be doubled, so you'll start with 12 days since year 1, then 14 and so on, but I'm not sure when it'll start being valid.

At least at my current job they'll give us the 23rd and 26th off, then the 30th and 2nd, and I'm taking the 22nd as PTO so I'll have that.

Is there any billionaire that wants to take care of me? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search: I can't keep like this until my 60s :dead_falling_wig_dying:

This is actually insane to read! In the UK the majority of people have 25 days of annual leave a year plus a further 8 days for bank holidays throughout the year!

Hoping more laws come into place where you get more holidays!

Just move here to England pokemon :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

5 hours ago, Slayer said:

This is actually insane to read! In the UK the majority of people have 25 days of annual leave a year plus a further 8 days for bank holidays throughout the year!

Hoping more laws come into place where you get more holidays!

Just move here to England pokemon :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

25 DAYS?! Our current limit is 20 days and that's only after 8 years within the same company :dead_falling_wig_dying:

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Literally, the issues of living in a third world country :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

49 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

25 DAYS?! Our current limit is 20 days and that's only after 8 years within the same company :dead_falling_wig_dying:

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Literally, the issues of living in a third world country :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Like @Slayer said, this is insane to read. My jaw was literally on the floor. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

I’m entitled to 30 days holiday plus 9 days for bank holidays so 39 days holiday in total per year. I also work flexi and I can take a maximum of 3 days per month on flexi providing I’ve made up the hours. 

I’m sorry, I’d give you some of my holiday entitlement if I could. :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Federal holidays are only for federal employees,  Like Post office, Banks and schools and local government agencies..

But everything else, it's literally Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

I can tell you, it's something you get used to 

The fact people of youth are protesting is funny,  especially in Arizona or right to work states, which is like you're asking to get fired and they have every right to fire you in a right to work state. 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Oh my god I’m seriously in shock!! Yeah 25 is standard as soon as you start a job anywhere. You can also usually buy up to 5/10 extra days a year too. Like Rennen said we also have 8 or 9 bank holidays a year in addition! 

That’s it I’m bringing you over here :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Also @rennen2.0 get me a job if you have 30 days :queenie_falling_dying_dead: you can get a referral fee :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block