Anyone else tired of people hating on Britney after she showed us so much gratitude?

Style.

Britney does not deserve the amount of hate she receives online, especially after being silenced and censored for more than a decade. Clearly you’re entitled to your own opinion, but we are not in any position to hold her accountable for her actions; and calling her crazy (still) for showing her body is not the way to deal with your demons as if we haven’t been ***ualizing her for decades… 

spacer.png

The brighter side of things is Britney really cares for her fans as she’s been showing us gratitude over the years through numerous posts. I choose to show you this old letter in hopes you’ll be less judgmental because healing takes time. 

This is my letter of love to all my LGBTQ fans. Continuously throughout my career, you've always been so vocal about what a positive impact I've had on you -- that I've instilled joy, hope and love in you at times when there was none. That my music is an inspiration. That my story gives you hope.  But I have a secret to share with you. You see, it's actually you that lifts me up. The unwavering loyalty. the lack of judgment. The unapologetic truth. Acceptance! Your stories are what inspire me, bring me joy and make me and my sons strive to be better people.  I love you.  Britney 

• Love 4

Her lgbt click bait letter. I miss reading that. And it’s almost impossible not to applaud when her management saw gaga getting all the attention and money after she dedicated her entire career and could not stop using this community or that community for sympathy. That letter was not genuine and that graceful young lady gone for  a long time, my friend. She’s not that girl anymore.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Her lgbt click bait letter. I miss reading that. And it’s almost impossible not to applaud when her management saw gaga getting all the attention and money after she dedicated her entire career and could not stop using this community or that community for sympathy. That letter was not genuine and that graceful young lady gone for  a long time, my friend. She’s not that girl anymore.

I think you’re reading too much into things. At this rate not a single celeb has genuine intentions towards our community. Britney has expressed her gratitude through numerous posts, including her Instagram posts - I’ve chosen this letter for obvious reasons: thought it’d simplify the community’s hatred towards the way Britney wants to live her life. Whether we like it or not.

spacer.png

• Love 1

To be fair, she shouldn’t just be given a pass for everything she does cuz she has been saying some mean stuff to people who don’t deserve it, that **** shouldn’t just be blindly praised, HOWEVER, the way people including many fans are choosing to “hold her accountable” is just down right vicious and hateful and is incredibly uncalled for, I just don’t get that.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

exactly! britney has given so much of herself and her life to her fans and now that she's rightfully taking time for herself some people can't handle it. the parasocial relationship some fans have with her is what makes them believe they have a right to hold her accountable for things they don't agree with. it doesn't and we don't. at the end of the day none of us truly know britney, her intent, and her reasoning for what she does. we don't have to "yas queen" her, but we don't know her to be able to hold her accountable just because we don't like/agree with something she's done.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

garbage take

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Style. said:

Ikr :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

We are treading strange waters these days as fans, let’s all just stay positive or… idk maybe I’ll go into the studio and finish that Britney cover EP I’ve been tinkering around with for a couple years :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: the whole covering/throwback stuff is getting old tho idk 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, grovela said:

We are treading strange waters these days as fans, let’s all just stay positive or… idk maybe I’ll go into the studio and finish that Britney cover EP I’ve been tinkering around with for a couple years :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: the whole covering/throwback stuff is getting old tho idk 

It’s really strange what’s happening within’ the fanbase. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block