Losing my best friend

GarrettJames

Just now, shya said:

talk to him again

a sad story for you: I have a lot of friends that don't  live in the city that I live, they moved, and it's so frustrating cause we lost it our connection, and now I have to be friends with some friends that I'm so sick of, it's really sad to live in a city that you don't have roots here, and you do connect the people go out to other places and I'm stuck here

I just commented on his twitter but i texted him a few weeks after our argument and he said he gave me chances and said im gonna get blocked

could it be that, deep, deep down, you have a muted hope that he one day may change his mind? I don't know cause I don't know either of you, but I feel like there might be.something there? Maybe?  Either way, if you have a friendship with no expectation, let time do it's thing. If you do have some hope even unconsciously, maybe try to start digging into it. My uninformed opinion. 

Well, what I would do if I were you is that I would keep my distance for a while to process all of that (take as much time as you need) and I would not force myself to apologise or force myself on that friend. Nothing, just to have a time with myself. Then, when I would be okay with "being too dramatic" and being ok with being in solitude and peace and having a clear mind, I would self reflect (in many cases that leads towards realisation that what happened was actually an utter nonsense) and I would also self reflect to that friend asking whether he wanted to be friends again (do not assume that stuff would be the same) or if we would be done for good. :) Hope this helps, somehow. :) 

I Apologize If I Was Ever The Toxic Person

On 11/16/2022 at 10:42 AM, eddieeddie said:

Respect his wishes and try to let go.

No. @Garrett James Let him go - don't talk to him for some ~6 months or one year (maybe he will contact you in this time range and you will see each other).... and after this time, come visit him without notice. I did the same to someone and he was happy seeing me after long time. People change their mind if you did not anything bad them before. Believe me :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, sav sav said:

yea and its been a little over 4 years :/

You should have listen song The Other Side Of The Door from Taylor Swift. Sometimes people push away their lovers in expecting they will prove their love with any 'crazy' action. Texting and calling are for afraid people. If you want catch someone, you must do something unexpected and nice. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

You should have listen song Other Side Of The Door from Taylor Swift. Sometimes people push away their lovers in expecting they will prove their love with any 'crazy' action. Texting and calling are for afraid people. If you want catch someone, you must do something unexpected and nice. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

🤔🤔

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block