I don’t like to say Beyoncé is overrated, but…

I’ve just seen this article and I don’t understand... Her last album was great, but being nominated that many times?!? And Oh, surprise!!! She achieved a milestone of being nominated the most for Grammy, tied with her husband Jay-Z! What a coincidence…

it just made me realize that Grammy Awards are really just a way for artists to be promoted and to achieve arranged milestones. There were so many great albums in the last year, I just think that no album is that "great" to be in the top of every category it fits in, no matter who it is! Let others shine!

I prefer the Awards where the public votes…

(Sorry for the bad English, I speak French)

22-beyonce-cr-mason-poole-2022-billboard

Beyonce eyes the most Grammy wins of all time with 2023 nominations. Read the full analysis of Grammy nominees here.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Just because Renaissance wasn’t in your top 5 doesn’t mean it isn’t for anyone else :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I do agree that the Grammys don’t always recognize the talents of independent artists, producers, mixers, etc. But, Renaissance’a/Beyoncé’s nominations are warranted. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

You are right! I shouldn’t have said anything about my preferences, it was not relevant for the topic. And as you said, Renaissance is a great album no matter what.

I just think that giving one person/album that many nominations is not fair, no matter who! To me, no album can be that « great » to be in the top of every category it fits in.

My main point is : Let others shine, Grammy people!

Music from her new album doesn't get played on the radio here so no idea if it’s actually good. 

personally I stopped caring about awards. When I think about it I get secondhand embarrassment thinking successful artist like Beyonce and Adele submitting their songs to feel validated. You’d think number 1’s, sales and followers would be enough. 

• Like 2

If you are not a fan, another artist always seems overrated and your own fave seems underrated.

Non-Britney fans think Britney is overrated .

Obviously Beyonce means a lot for a great deal of people, and she's succeeded in making herself a global phenomenon. Us saying she's overrated because her music is not memorable or original is like others saying Britney's not a real artist because she doesn't sing live.

Tearing another artist down doesn't amount to anything good. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Fan-voted awards are a popularity contest, so there is a place for both. I agree the GRAMMYs are flawed, but not because of Beyoncé.

I totally agree! And popularity doesn’t necessarily equals "good stuff" either. And we all know as fans that we can vote for our favourite artist, just because…

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

If you are not a fan, another artist always seems overrated and your own fave seems underrated.

Non-Britney fans think Britney is overrated .

Obviously Beyonce means a lot for a great deal of people, and she's succeeded in making herself a global phenomenon. Us saying she's overrated because her music is not memorable or original is like others saying Britney's not a real artist because she doesn't sing live.

Tearing another artist down doesn't amount to anything good. 

You are right! And thinking of it, I should’ve chosen a better title for my topic because it’s not really what this is about! I targeted Beyoncé because of the article, but the reality is that it could have been anybody else and I would have thought the same thing! 

Beyoncé is a really talented artist, I just don’t think she (or anybody else) deserves that many nominations, adding the « record-breaking » achievement with her husband. 
It looks like they intended to make the GP see them as the Supreme Power Couple, for some reasons!

2 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

Some categories should have new rules. For example, if you one of the vocals categories (like pop vocal), why would you be nominated for it again? I do not see Adele vocals changing between 21, 25, and 30 :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Just to clarify, Vocal categories are not awards for the vocal but the said record as whole.
It's the contrary of instrument music (without vocal).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block