thoughts on britney for the record?

Britney: For The Record : Britney Spears: Movies & TV - Amazon.com

Right now im watching it what are your guys thoughts? after everything that went on for a year they put her back to work. she looks so unhappy. but the standing ovation at the vmas was sweet. the scene when she's going shopping she gets out the car says "im scared" cause all the paps is so sad. its so ****ed up Kevin left her with her infant babies then took them away from her. she really is a strong woman and a true icon.:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Like 1

I loved it at first..

Seeing her dad use this as a way of keeping the image "everythings ok i deserve my role" 

Honestly she was 25 having a good time during a hellish time and she had to make a doc about it .

The bonus driving scene was ****ed up..having to hug her dad on camera because shes allowed to drive?? Wdf

• Like 3

I actually love/hate that doc because I think it’s the first clear evidence that the CON was BS. Britney in her interviews comes across as very coherent (please don’t take that the wrong way), rational, candid and above all perfectly capable of thinking and doing for herself (very different from the dark moments of 2007). She astutely communicates that the CON is a punishment that she is unsure she’ll ever be able to escape. 

It’s also the last time we ever really see her speak this way if that makes sense? They should have released her from the CON like they promised after the Circus Tour and instead they continued to enslave her and make her “prove” herself again and again when it’s clear she already had a million times over. They kept breaking her down and over the years she speaks and becomes less and less like herself.

FTR makes me sad and angry because to me it also suggests they perhaps really did plan to end the CON after the tour… otherwise why would they have released a major doc showing she was clearly unhappy with the “arrangement.” And later when they continued being cruel and greedy and they start feeding us lies about her being happy in the CON, this doc slowly starts to disappear from the internet.

Suspicious Jeanne Moreau GIF

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, hello70 said:

I actually love/hate that doc because I think it’s the first clear evidence that the CON was BS. Britney in her interviews comes across as very coherent (please don’t take that the wrong way), rational and candidly and above all perfectly capable of thinking and doing for herself (a complete 180 from 2007). In other words she comes across as very smart, aware and capable and clearly not someone who should be in a conservatorship. She deftly communicates that the CON is a punishment that she is unsure she’ll ever be able to escape. 

It’s also the last time we ever really see her speak this way if that makes sense? They should have released her from the CON like they promised after the Circus Tour and instead they continued to enslave her and make her “prove” herself again and again when it’s clear she already had a million times over. They kept breaking her down and over the years she speaks and becomes less and less like herself.

FTR makes me sad and angry because to me it also suggests they perhaps really did plan to end the CON after the tour… otherwise why would they have released a major doc showing she was clearly unhappy with the “arrangement.” And later when they continued being cruel and greedy and they start feeding us lies about her being happy in the CON, this doc slowly starts to disappear from the internet.

Suspicious Jeanne Moreau GIF

Yes she was 26 there and sounded very smart and she knew what was happening around her no signs of "dementia" britney's intelligence is underrated and GP think she is a stupid white girl from the south. but yes the Doc is heartbreaking because you can see she was controlled and sad. Only joy was dancing,recording and her babies at that time.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

First things first, I love documentaries. I enjoyed watching the behind the scenes of Womanizer, Circus, some album's photoshoot, the magazine photoshoot with Patrick, some studio recording, loved that.

BUT the doc always made me feel bad about Britney, not about the past, but her present (at the time), it left with a weird image, and now it all makes sense.

Looking back, it's so weird how much Britney situation was actually exposed in her solo interviews. Talking how boring it was, everyday the same thing, feeling like she couldn't escape. Weird because the c was already going so they let this air.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, --- said:

exploitative propaganda to repair her image and sell her brand

also sad as ****

The original version, yes! 

The version i saw on tv was edited and it was the same tv-show that talked s*it about her. 

I always thought: Why did they sell the rights to that campany? 

now i know, because her dad is not a good manager. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block