Do you agree? Official Charts calls Taylor Swift the "New Queen of Pop"

she's literally just lucky to have a strong loyal fanbase of underdogs/nerds/single catlovers who will sip on pumpkin spice lattes from 1st september and buy all 10 different editions of each album she drops to milk them good. it's actually awful how much marketing she does for each release, like she's there for the coins and she makes it clear.

Definitely far away from a culturally impactful pop star worthy of such title

Taylor’s success cannot be reduced to “tactics”. I totally get she’s not everyone’s vibe, and can see why. But she’s mega talented and knows how to work her strengths (songwriting) as well her weaknesses (singing… though I’m really impressed how much she’s worked on her vocals since the start of her career).

She’s also a business woman, it’s true. But you gotta be pressed if you’re faulting her for it. She’s got the goods people are willing to spend money on. That’s how it works. She treats her fans better than any other fandom could hope for. So what if she’s compensated for it? She’s a pop star, not the messiah.

Some of y’all just need to make sure to never EVER go into business for yourself. These comments are literally hilarious. Imagine going into a business meeting and being like “wow, this is so huge and successful and literally your target audience is LIVING for it, so obviously this is the time to stop and change it all!!!” 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:00 PM, SJK said:

Nahh. She might sell a ton of albums but she’s hardly pop music just “popular”. There’s a lot that goes in to a true pop star and she’s hardly iconic besides with her fans. 

True, she is not pop but she moves streams like crazy, she almost did 100mill  yestarday. Do you think is moslty her fans carrying those streams?

On 11/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, Willson Saints said:

You have to change and influence the pop music industry to be called the new queen of pop. I don't see any new artist being influenced by her type of music, by her likes, by her outfits, by her way of performing, etc.

Being a pop star is a spectrum and music is just one part.

You see, Michael, Britney, and Madonna has changed the industry forever, and until now, you would even see BTS , Miley, or Gaga referencing to them.

i think midnights did something in the industry, let me explain:

👉Before Midnights, u could do 1.5 millons streams and enter the Top 50 Global

13 days after Midnights, u need 2.5 millons streams to enter the Top 50 Global

👉Midnights did 186 millons streams in the 1st day

Her Loss did 97 millons in the 1st day

97 millons is AMAZING but it feels short compared to Midnights

👉Anti-Hero debuted with 17.5 millons

Lift me up debuted with 7.9/8 (if im not mistaken)

A debut with almost 8 millons is AMAZING but it feels short compared to Anti-Hero (and Easy on Me) and, also, Unholy outstreamed Riri's comeback WTF!

And not to mention that Unholy would have been more bigger if Anti-Hero wasnt here.

What im trying to say is that she is making the bar higher, if u want a number one, you have to come higher, create hype, create a concept album, DO SOMETHING DIFERENT.

Taylor is not the Queen of Pop for sure but she is The Music Industry and THATS AN IMPACT by itself.

She is not impacting in the dance, performances, controversial and fashion spaces but she is impacting in sales, gnere changing, songwriting, storytelling, music production, marketing and women bussines and creating interconected albums like it was the ******* MCU, she doesnt drop albums, she drops blockbusters.

Thats a way of impact, a new way of impact.

This is my opinion, i say this with all respect ofc, sorry for the long response 😅

and a freaking Musician, we have to give her the praise she deserves

• Love 1
1 hour ago, It's Mili *****! said:

True, she is not pop but she moves streams like crazy, she almost did 100mill  yestarday. Do you think is moslty her fans carrying those streams?

There’s no denying she can sell records but that’s middle America for ya. They eat her clean image up. She’s the girl that does no wrong. 

1 hour ago, It's Mili *****! said:

i think midnights did something in the industry, let me explain:

👉Before Midnights, u could do 1.5 millons streams and enter the Top 50 Global

13 days after Midnights, u need 2.5 millons streams to enter the Top 50 Global

👉Midnights did 186 millons streams in the 1st day

Her Loss did 97 millons in the 1st day

97 millons is AMAZING but it feels short compared to Midnights

👉Anti-Hero debuted with 17.5 millons

Lift me up debuted with 7.9/8 (if im not mistaken)

A debut with almost 8 millons is AMAZING but it feels short compared to Anti-Hero (and Easy on Me) and, also, Unholy outstreamed Riri's comeback WTF!

And not to mention that Unholy would have been more bigger if Anti-Hero wasnt here.

What im trying to say is that she is making the bar higher, if u want a number one, you have to come higher, create hype, create a concept album, DO SOMETHING DIFERENT.

Taylor is not the Queen of Pop for sure but she is The Music Industry and THATS AN IMPACT by itself.

She is not impacting in the dance, performances, controversial and fashion spaces but she is impacting in sales, gnere changing, songwriting, storytelling, music production, marketing and women bussines and creating interconected albums like it was the ******* MCU, she doesnt drop albums, she drops blockbusters.

Thats a way of impact, a new way of impact.

This is my opinion, i say this with all respect ofc, sorry for the long response 😅

and a freaking Musician, we have to give her the praise she deserves

It's ok. And I appreciate it. It is very true to one generation, or two. But during the time of Britney, the youngster talk about her. The oldies too. If you want to talk about charting and all, I hope you may consider that US isn't the only past of the world, and in our side, BTS is making more impact, and is actually revolutionizing the music industry, but I can still say, they are far from what has Britney contributed in the pop music industry. 

Taylor has to attain the 'legend' level first. Britney was commended by Madonna, The King Michael Jackson. Recognized by Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Prince, Elton John, etc. I don't think Taylor is anywhere near. She is just fortunate that she is boosted by a platform heavily controlled by a generation, Gen Z, as they have all the time in the world for now.

2 hours ago, It's Mili *****! said:

Question is - what everybody see at her? I understand she was something back in time when she released country music, because she was able to create catchy, funny, smart music. 

But now it's like an Amazon box with a secret gift, and that gift will be some broken and useless thing. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

It's like you buy iPhone 14 just because advertisements says "it's better", even it's just the same like iPhone 13, but overclocked and with the same chips and lenses, people are crazy, but for nothing in result :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block