Will the book finally spill the tea on Radar?

jalpha

8 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I'm not sure that's true. I believe artists rarely have control of which singles are chosen. While sometimes they can push for a choice (i.e. Britney with Toxic), I think the label sometimes decides also, and probably decides all the time for new artists. I assume Britney likes Radar as most people do. It's a shame pushing it to Circus still didn't allow it to get the kind of promotion that would've made it a hit.  

The record label does push for singles, even when it comes to well established artists, but that doesn't mean an artist doesn't have control. They can fight to get their way and work to convince the labels. With Britney, it was not only Toxic. Me Against the Music, Toxic and Everytime were all in Britney's chosen order, as she did some steps in order to convince the label that this was the best order to go. Jive wanted to promote the more R&B oriented stuff such as Boom Boom and Outrageous. Had Britney not chosen to interfere, yes, the record label would just push what they wanted.

• Like 1

Radar got great reviews in Billboard in the end of 2007, but they went with Break The Ice as 3rd single.

Of course Radar should be remixed or had another mix for re-release. The single could have 2 versions, the song was very catchy but  video sucked. Candy big advertisement and cheap copy of Take A Bow of Madonna’s .

On 9/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, jalpha said:

Ew. If this is true, that is so sad. This would never happen to her peers. That’s why it’s so sad. 

How the hell would you know :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused: They are all the same **** different day those labels. Im sure many of the big things in pop industry is being made up on an office desk. Just for the fun of it. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston duet - forced.
Beyonce and SHakira - Forced. Super Bowl and multiple singers- forced. And Im just as sure Katys team have promised duets or songs because the producer dont want to waste time on something that is being scrapped. So they are often promised they will make it to the album. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block