Will the book finally spill the tea on Radar?

jalpha

Y’all, anyone else dying to know of it was Britney or Team Con that pushed the re-release of Radar. 

if it was Team Con, I could only imagine how humiliating that must have felt for Britney. *especially because it wasn’t even a remixed version. 

I can’t wait for this book release!?! I don’t even like to read books! 😁

1 minute ago, s&m said:

there’s nothing to spill! Radar was on t contract to be a single so they had to release it! We know this for years. 

Is that difficult to understand? 

Gurl bye. This isn’t Brooke Hogan we are talking about. 

Britney is an Icon and a Legend. Legends and Icons don’t repeat tracks. 

even if contracted - the lawyers renegotiate. And if it’s Britney, you will renegotiate. 

• Haha 2

There's literally no T left, we know what happened already.

It was a contracted single, just like Outrageous was.

Britney wanted to do a video in London during the Blackout era.

Team Con was in full image rehab mode and was rushing her into the studio to make new music.

So the Blackout era was put to rest and the contract for Radar was carried over to the next album.

The end.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

There's literally no T left, we know what happened already.

It was a contracted single, just like Outrageous was.

Britney wanted to do a video in London during the Blackout era.

Team Con was in full image rehab mode and was rushing her into the studio to make new music.

So the Blackout era was put to rest and the contract for Radar was carried over to the next album.

The end.

Ew. If this is true, that is so sad. This would never happen to her peers. That’s why it’s so sad. 

37 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

1. It was an agreement between Britney and her record label’s decision to put it on ‘Circus’ since they saw a lot of potential in the song.

2. Who cares? Move on. There’s literally a million more important topics to talk about.

3. You don’t like to read books? We can tell. 

Her magazine covers were contracted too?

She clearly has an opinion and I am curious as to if she liked Radar or not. It wasn’t even remixed. Which is sure to have bothered her much so. 

3 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

It's literally what happened, much of her concept for Radar she ended up getting to use with Criminal.

Except for her trying to track a guy down on her Radar, she was evading cops with a Criminal.

Wow. I’ve never put that together. Ugh that’s just so tacky!!! Why did they treat her like a C-List??? She worked so hard!!! So much better. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jalpha said:

Ew. If this is true, that is so sad. This would never happen to her peers. That’s why it’s so sad. 

I'm not sure that's true. I believe artists rarely have control of which singles are chosen. While sometimes they can push for a choice (i.e. Britney with Toxic), I think the label sometimes decides also, and probably decides all the time for new artists. I assume Britney likes Radar as most people do. It's a shame pushing it to Circus still didn't allow it to get the kind of promotion that would've made it a hit.  

Dodging their contractual duties on Radar would've cost money and the song was good anyway, so why not follow through? The follow through was underwhelming though. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, jalpha said:

She clearly has an opinion and I am curious as to if she liked Radar or not. It wasn’t even remixed. Which is sure to have bothered her much so. 

Famous people sign contracts for everything.

Except all those ads she filmed or shot for she didn't have the final say in, her team did.

That's why she was very clear about the ads she hates, because she wouldn't have let them go out like that. The photoshoots would have been more collaborative like they were before the conservatorship, where she could steer the direction instead of not having a say.

2 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I'm not sure that's true. I believe artists rarely have control of which singles are chosen. While sometimes they can push for a choice (i.e. Britney with Toxic), I think the label sometimes decides also, and probably decides all the time for new artists. I assume Britney likes Radar as most people do. It's a shame pushing it to Circus still didn't allow it to get the kind of promotion that would've made it a hit.  

Dodging their contractual duties on Radar would've cost money and the song was good anyway, so why not follow through? The follow through was underwhelming though. 

It's literally what happened. s&m was saying the same thing.

It was common knowledge at the time.

28 minutes ago, jalpha said:

“Radar” was included on an album she executive produced before the conservatorship and that was known as one of the highlights on “BO”. I’m sure Britney didn’t mind it being on “Circus”. Yes it sucked but y’all need to stop blaming every music decision on the conservatorship. Lou, Jamie and Robin, with their 2 brain cells combined, had barely any say on what songs deserved to be a single or not. That’s always been up to the A&R rep for every major music label, not business managers or assistants.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jalpha said:

even if contracted - the lawyers renegotiate. And if it’s Britney, you will renegotiate. 

They had brit spinning around on a tacky stage in cheap dollar store wigs for her vegas residency. They wouldn't care enough to renegotiate. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jalpha said:

Gurl bye! 

She was in a conservatorship what lawyers are you talking about? 

FdCYSv2aMAEyw5k?format=jpg&name=small

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jalpha said:

Y’all, anyone else dying to know of it was Britney or Team Con that pushed the re-release of Radar. 

if it was Team Con, I could only imagine how humiliating that must have felt for Britney. *especially because it wasn’t even a remixed version. 

I can’t wait for this book release!?! I don’t even like to read books! 😁

It’s not the same song from circus? I need details on this only remix to radar I know of is on her singles collection  

and personally always figured she really liked that song so she wanted it on blackout and she produced blackout and had control over blackout so she wanted radar on it  first 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block